Qantas Profits Fall and Fares Lowered

Qantas has recorded a 25% loss and is promising lower fares to compete with other airlines. This announcement has been made alongside the Premium Economy class for the upcoming 787.

8 Likes

Are they going to reduce services again?

1 Like

No, they will dramatically reduce fares to keep up their competitiveness (despite their losses). I wouldn’t be surprised in a few decades if Jetstar is renamed to Qantas too.

3 Likes

can you tell jetstar to get out of new zealand thanks

Your sincerely
Air New Zealand fanboy

lol jokes

1 Like

If Jetstar wasn’t in New Zealand, Air New Zealand’s fares would be sky high. It gives some competitiveness to your market and expands the Qantas network. The fares to fly from here to NZ with Jetstar on the A320 is dirt cheap and easy for Aussies plus I think Jetstar Q300s are cute :)

3 Likes

they are cute thats what makes them more scary I WILL NEVER GIVE INTO THE EVIL JETSTAR!!!

jokes lol

1 Like

Evil? They’re pouring heaps of money into the New Zealand economy. Propstar and Jetconnect are based in New Zealand :)

2 Likes

WE ARE AT WAR WITH JETSTAR THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE !!!

jokes i like qantas 737 but dont like jetstar a320

1 Like

I think they have similar issues with Garuda (Low Profits). In here, Garuda does offer Competitive and cheap prices since the slowdown report and they have held so many Travel Fairs to increase LF in both Domestic and International routes. And Garuda become more expansive in opening routes lately due to the losses.

I wish Qantas can recover soon, Does the Financial Report also includes Jetstar incomes? Jetstar might help Qantas to reduce losses and can directly compete with Virgin Australia imho.

Yes, the report includes Qantas, QantasLink, QantasFreight, Jetconnect, Jetstar and Propstar. Qantas had huge profits in 2015 but it seems every second year (like 2014 and 2016) are losses.

That doesn’t sound like Qantas

They have promised. They really need to do this to keep up with competition.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.