Qantas group announces international flight resumption in December and potential non-stop Darwin to London flights

QANTAS GROUP OUTLINES STRATEGY FOR RESTARTING INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS

As Australia’s vaccine rollout hits rates faster than the US or UK ever achieved, Qantas looks at December as being the start of international flights to high vaccinated countries.-

Although initially only for countries such as Japan, UK, Singapore, US and Canada, the resumption will greatly expand over the months.

• Non-stop flights to the UK are expected to be in higher demand. Qantas will look to moving their stopover from Perth, Western Australia to Darwin, Australia due to hard interstate border closures
  • A330’s are being modified to be able to fly from Brisbane to the west coast of the US
  • High-risk countries will resume in April due to their current high infection and low vaccination numbers
  • Qantas will take delivery of three new 787’s and retire two A380’s as the fleet returns to full capacity over months or years.
9 Likes

Any news with what routes this will include? Or is it all routes?

I’ll be fully vaccinated by then so hopefully I can finally go somewhere!! I was supposed to fly to America and Germany last year :(

1 Like

Mid-December 2021, flights would start from Australia to COVID-safe destinations, like Singapore, the United States, Japan, United Kingdom and Canada. (Depends on what Australia will consider low risk)
Flights to Hong Kong start in February, then April 2022, Bali, Jakarta, Manila, Bangkok, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh City and Johannesburg will resume.

3 Likes

I wish my home airport (Townsville) had international flights. They used to have Townsville-Denpasar and Townsville- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, but they pulled of out that 4 years back :(

1 Like

That sucks but at least you get to fly on more planes to get to your destination!

1 Like

yeah true.

1 Like