Qantas completes 1 million flights on the 737-800

Surprised this wasn’t posted earlier but Qantas has racked up one million flights on its Boeing 737-800 aircraft. QF923 operated by VH-XZI from Cairns to Sydney did the honors. The 737’s are the workhorse of Qantas’s fleet. The first of it’s 67 737-800 strong fleet arrived in Australia in 2002 after taking over the order from American Airlines after 9/11. That is aircraft known as VH-VXA or Broome and is still going story after over 15 years in service. Qantas needed new aircraft quickly after the collapse of Ansett to accommodate the demand from Aussie travellers as Virgin Blue as it was known at the time was no where near as big as it is now. Qantas’s newest 737 was delivered in November 2014 “VH-XZP” also more commonly known as Retro Roo 1. Qantas’s 737-800’s fleet on average flies 350 revenue flights a day. http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/12/one-million-737-flights/
The following picture is of VH-VZD also known as Geelong
Full credit, Australian Aviation

18 Likes

Yay hope this is added because it would be a present for us Aussies

2 Likes

Whats the difference between the 737-800 and the Max series?

1 Like

That’s really nice and I think Qantas 737’s ultilization is pretty high!

1 Like

grats to Qatas!

Cheers Louis!

1 Like

Btw, Do you know the type for VH-VXD? (B738/MAX?)

1 Like

http://www.aussieairliners.org/b-737/vh-vzd/vhvzd.html the info on VH-VZD can be found here

1 Like

Sorry, I wrote VH-VXD instead of VH-VZD 😅

1 Like

Don’t really like them on routes across the tasman.

The 737MAXs are more fuel efficient, larger engines, different split scimitar winglets, etc. No 737MAXs are in service, yet. Google pictures and put them side by side. The easiest way I tell them apart is the split scimitar winglets. They both have them, but the ones on the MAX are different from the ones on the 737-800.

1 Like

That’s so great for Qantas!

1 Like

I mean… it’s a developed country, and a developed airline. No surprise IMO.
PS: that doesn’t mean that Qantas hasn’t done a great job.

It does, considering the Australian government was not allowing Qantas to fly domestically until the late 1990’s.

1 Like

And with the chevrons on the engines.

Yay, congratulations Qantas! As a little treat for the 1,000,000 flights - we get- the 737 Qantas livery in Infinite Flight! Yay (@Fynn #more Australian Liveries)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.