Qantas Boeing 787-9 (Indigenous “Yam Dreaming” Livery)

Yes, because that what was this topic was about. Not the Silveroo. There’s another topic for that. Don’t want someone to flag me ;) Lol.

So many things.
Don’t worry :)

3 Likes

The other Qantas B789 should have been added at least, as it’s way easier (design of livery) than this one, it has 100 votes , no?

4 Likes

Amen to that, it should not take years to fix up the 787 Qantas lively yet Alaska Airlines A320’s can be made literally hours after revealed by Alaska

3 Likes

I understand. To me, if this couldn’t be added due to complexity, adding the next best alternative (aka. what the majority of Qantas 787-9s are painted with, and the request with the next most votes) is what should’ve been done a couple years ago. I’m glad that action had been taken and I’m sure everyone else is - I guess that confirms the validity of the role of votes in implementing features! Which is relatively exciting considering it was the main factor preventing the Qantas 787-9 getting added in general.

(Someone also pointed this out above)

2 Likes

I will always stand with something that I believe in.

I understand the reasoning for not adding the yam dreaming but this could of been communicated to us way sooner when this feature request was originally made. Not years down the track, but we appreciate some clarity eventually.

The Silveroo is another one that I agree with. All these other liveries can be added, but they can’t update a livery that is an extra colour on the livery to add so much more enjoyment to the Australian player base…

Anyway, Infinite Flight make the decisions they do for a reason, so I trust that they’ve got a plan for the future to increase diversity… hopefully.

3 Likes

Agreed, it would be very entitled of us to expect the silveroo livery to be published with say the global update. But I don’t think expecting it to be done after 3.5 years, is entitled.

3 Likes

It’s so lovely to see you Declan that you’re with us. Yes, I agree, we’re all paying the exact amount of money, for us to enjoy the sim and fly. We can’t shut our mouths anymore, we clearly want a change, something for us all to like. We all understand that the biggest fanbase of IF is in the US, but adding american liveries update by update, and some random liveries from year to year, it’s not diversity. All of this is based on some voting topic that even doesn’t matter at all, we are receiving some random liveries that we didn’t even see active on the IFC, or even heard of. There are lots of ignorance towards certain regions, and this leads to this, having a x votes at a request, hence being ignorant, and I’m not talking specially about the Yam, or Silveroo, but many liveries on the IFC. You australians users, are waiting for the simple silveroo for over 3-4 years now, personally me, I’m waiting for the TAROM 737 for over 3 years now, but I don’t see it being ever added. Why?. It has only 5 votes on the request… cool, you can Tell about my request “that it’s not wanted” , but how about you? Is the Silveroo or Yam not wanted at over 100 votes?
No hate, again, I just want something, a change, something so all of us can like it.

4 Likes

I agree with you here 100%!!!

2 Likes

Jumping on a moving train but yup I can relate. You guys are lucky and influential enough to get some insight on your liveries

2 Likes

Thought I’d add another picture of this one into the mix, getting close to 170 votes 👀

2 Likes

Aye! Good to see you on here mate!

yeah, a bit annoyed about not getting 21.1 but still i can enjoy 20.3!

1 Like

Fair enough.

Cheers to whoever got us to 165 votes 🎉 🥳

Just giving this a little bump, can’t wait for the day that we finally see this added to the sim

4 Likes

We need this

4 Likes

I can’t agree more with you mate it’s a necessity, in my opinion the best looking aeroplane livery in history.

5 Likes

its good how IF has added the special liveries to the SWA fleet, and not to a Aussie carrier yet. because VH-ZND represents Aboriginal culture!

4 Likes

With the recently announced changes to the feature request category this Yam Dreaming special livery will not be considered.

However, we are excited to announce that the permanent Qantas 2017 Silveroo livery for the B787-9 is confirmed, has been added to our development timeline, and will be making its way to Infinite Flight in the future!

Thank you for voting!

9 Likes