Qantas Boeing 787-9 (Indigenous “Yam Dreaming” Livery)

Who created the game…

Not us…

They made the community to bring people together and allow them to have a say in the sim.

This is not our decision to make.

I’m sure if there was a reason due to copyright issues then this thread would have been closed a long time ago, just like the United and ANA Star Wars liveries. Let’s not turn this into an argument thread and keep it civilized. If the Australian player base uses their votes on this, then let’s let it be.

I personally would love to see this livery, and I think I’m gonna clear a vote for this. 🙂

3 Likes

I’m trying to avoid attacking your argument personally, but do you really think Infinite Flight was launched as a charitable organisation, or at the very least not made to please the fanbase it established? You clearly don’t know how businesses operate.

It’s not even about this livery anymore. It’s not a petty argument either. This has been IF setting a precedent for all other feature and livery additions, any decision making for new features, and how valuable votes are. The role votes play in the broader reality of development in IF has clearly been diminished since its introduction.

4 Likes

People don’t fight over a livery it is the devs choice to add what ever livery they want the community is for a place to make posts and to comment on posts

1 Like

One of the best liveries

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter if I know how business operates it isn’t how this business operates. They are not entitled to add every livery/plane that has a features request. At the end of the day it isn’t our decision do make. They may loose customers as a result of it but you gotta understand that. I can understand how passionate you are about this just get in touch with they staff and allow them to explain it because they have way better way of explaining it than us.

So IF is not profit driven? IF is not looking to profit off the fanbase as much as it can? And yes, it does come down to this otherwise we wouldn’t have votes, feature requests or the IFC. This is about the fanbase “participating” in the app although clearly we don’t have much of a say and that has been proven so many times.

Never said they had to. They should consider at least trying. Even an accurate livery would’ve been nice, per the 2016 request when Qantas unveiled the official livery prior to the IF 787 development.

I do understand. You gotta understand. They definitely lost me, mentally, along the way too.

Again, I’ve been here for over 5 years. I have been very vocal. It’s sad that we need to shout when votes speak for themselves. It’s about 4 years too late.

3 Likes

Lose*

I don’t think @USA_ATC completely understands how the livery addition works. The amount of votes tallied by the community is only one part of the livery selection. Other factors may include diversity (which is something IF has been generally focused on recently), the amount of liveries, and how many people fly it. I would check out this cool reply by Misha on the 757 livery list;

Three main factors went into choosing the liveries this time around:

1. Votes on the forum

2. Trends and comments on our social media platforms

3. Promoting diversity across continents (representative to our user base)

So yes, Infinite Flight does take votes into account, but we need to remember that there are always more than one factor playing into livery addition; votes aren’t anything. Just because something has a lot of votes doesn’t mean it is going to be added. And though I do agree that this seems a little bit unfair, the features category is the community’s only way of showing our support for liveries.

3 Likes

Most defiantly not id love to see this livery int the game. But it is up to infinite flight period. We can vote but that doesn’t mean that they have to add it.

Read up and you will see the full convo

I cannot understand why every single popular feature request has to turn into an arguement! Vote if you like it and who knows it might be added 😃

2 Likes

This just brings into question why votes even exist. They should be scrapped and instead staff’s inboxes should be flooded? Infinite Flight has lost me.

It would be nice to address why this livery is even worthy. But why should I bother when it goes to show IF just hasn’t cared once according to their track record.

Do you not see what is going on in front of you? 😂
Check the date of the feature request.

1 Like

I never said that they didn’t I said that they don’t count for 100% why a plane should be added. I understand that pingu.

In that case lets let an official moderator/member of staff make a point as your “mini-modding” isn’t really helping. Vote or don’t vote, its simple isn’t it?

6 Likes

Yeah but I’m saying that’s all you need to do. Not argue over it. That certainly won’t get it added!

Sorry bud, you joined a few months ago. I joined 61 months ago. I’ve seen what has gone on, nothing gets added and rarely is attention paid to what really matters to the people of the IFC.

2 Likes

Ok I’m gone for a while u really need to head up as I only said that he should contact a staffs member about his concerns for five times.

I have only been trying to help assist this man to understand why this livery could not have been added whilst talking about votes in general.

This is a livery request

I understand the issue, but still, arguing isn’t gonna get it added and isn’t gonna make anything better. Sorry for only joining.

1 Like

Everyone STOP fighting this is not a place to fight

2 Likes

Yeah your input has been good, however we’re not arguing. It’s a discussion and it’s good to see what people think and find the root cause of why this hasn’t been added. People have been commenting for 3 years about how they love this and that they’ve voted. My question is, what is the point of doing so. If anything, Infinite Flight has proven the vote system useless and the feature addition process broken - at least it is swayed far away from what the users value on the IFC.

🤦‍♂️. You’ll look back on this and think differently.

2 Likes

I understand what you mean, but it is an arguement. I just don’t see the point in all of it. Why put in an effort if you believe it will never be added. Look, I’m not here to fuel this so I’ll just step back now.