Qantas Boeing 787-9 (Indigenous “Yam Dreaming” Livery)

From 6 years of using the game, 5 years being involved in the community, and 6 years of disappointment. We asked for the new Qantas livery as soon as the new livery was first painted in October 2016 (pretty sure this was before the 787 release? at least it was after Qantas unveiled the new livery), and when the 787 rolled out of the factory back in September 2017.

Yes, they’ve done it with even older models. But I remember with the new 737 liveries, they had to wait before something was updated to be able to paint on the belly of the plane.

2 Likes

Once again I have to boost this thread at a peak hour time in hopes developers see that the community hasn’t been badly requesting a Jetblue livery update, but for Australian liveries. Looking forward to the day if they decide to add this livery.

5 Likes

Why even bother voting for liveries you want to see when it seems the developers just ignore them. There is obviously a high demand for this livery, and many others with just as many votes, but there never seems to be any developer recognition at all. After being a paying customer of Infinite Flight since 2013, and a community member since 2016, I feel as if my voice and many other voices are constantly drowned out by bias to many American liveries. You could say the JetBlue livery was “outdated” and “it isn’t realistic to fly a livery that no longer exists”. This is true, but as an example, the current Qantas livery we have on the 787-9 was NEVER on the aircraft in the first place, and was NEVER even said to be on the aircraft. I ask how is a livery with 7 votes, on an aircraft family that has a CURRENT livery on the A321, more important than a livery with 130+ votes, on an aircraft with no realistic Qantas livery in the first place? Sorry about the rant, just thought I would add my 2¢ to the conversation.

19 Likes

Just bumping this one up a little.

5 Likes

I have a dream that one day…

3 Likes

Love this livery! This would be awesome if IF added this. If they can add most American special livery they can do this 😀

2 Likes

This would be pretty cool to have in game!

2 Likes

I’d Love for Qantas to have some attention and it would be super cool to see an AUS Special livery.

2 Likes

I agree mate

3 Likes

Why not this gorgeous Qantas special liveries, i would anytime more to flew this Qantas livery on Qantas Virtual Group and Infinite Flight. I Wish this awesome Livery in Eastern.

2 Likes

What did I say.
Predictable 🙄

1 Like

We need this!

1 Like

If you look at the votes corresponding votes this have 100+ Votes and all the New Zealand Air Force threads have 20 ish.

Let’s not turn other threads into a promo for other threads. People support those thread but people want this first.

1 Like

Sorry mate but you wouldn’t know and I wouldn’t blame you for not understanding. It’s the American-centric decisions, prioritising and bias I’m referring to, that I’ve witnessed myself over the past 5 years and 1 month of being a part of this community. It’s totally understandable in some ways, but excessive in others, especially when it comes to liveries and ATC schedule/event choices.

3 Likes

If you have issue in which you would like to bring up to staff or moderators I’m sure they would love to listen.

But as I have heard and said before most of Infinite Flights users are from the US but that does not / should not make them the priority.

I see them working to implement what their users want and what they think would be the best for the sim and not overlook requests.

There’s a lot of explaining we would’ve loved Infinite Flight staff to do, however that never came. It was always adding 5 Frontier liveries, or new JetBlue liveries, or some other airline overshadowing anything else the community had voted for, highly. The feature requests that have stood for 3+ years speak for themselves and I’m so tired of it. A couple of the mods for sure have heard our concerns, that’s nothing for you to worry about. You’d feel the same after years of seeing this and promoting certain requests, even speaking to some mods about it.

4 Likes

Like I said me and the people seeing ur posts aren’t who you should be talking to as we can’t change the way the sim operates contact the staff and explain and let them tell you their reasoning.

Now I’m done being off topic.

Qantas has a beautiful special livery and it would be spectacular to have in Infinite Flight

1 Like

It’s surely not off topic if we’ve been led to this conversation as a direct response to this feature request and the comments that have been made here.

What’s the point in fluffing about saying “bump”, “I’d really love this livery”, “this looks so good”, “this has my vote”, non-stop since 14 February 2018 to no avail! The root cause of this has been right in front of us for years.

It’s totally beyond me. I’m well beyond any form of optimism about these things getting added since we asked for the new Qantas livery far before the 787 was added! Can you believe that?? The livery added was ALWAYS fictional. I couldn’t really care less anymore, anyway, because I’ve moved on from IF. But I’m here for the people that have always supported these liveries, that have pushed for Yam Dreaming to be added, I’m here for what I stood for originally.

Edit: CAN I SAY THAT VOTES REALLY DON’T MATTER nor did they ever, since they were introduced to the IFC. Even with things as simple as the bog standard Qantas 787 livery. Do not waste your time. Do not bother.

3 Likes

The developers decide what get into the game. They do not have to base their decisions 100% off of community votes. This livery might have some licensing issues and could be why we haven’t seen this specific livery. The community votes only amount to what we want and shoes the devs that aswell.

You tell me who gives the developers their main source of income, who they want to please, and who largely dictates most decision making for obvious profit maximisation reasons.

3 Likes