Qantas Boeing 787-9 (Indigenous “Yam Dreaming” Livery)

Wrong thread but definitely

3 Likes

I haven’t changed my profile pic since the first YamGang, we seriously need this in IF!

2 Likes

Would really love to see this in the game soon.

3 Likes

Damn, what a beauty !!! It would be very enjoyable to fly it for real,

Source

And imagine this on a reworked B787, oh damn, what a dream 🌊

11 Likes

@infiniteflight please add this livrery on the game and also the 100 years livrery !

2 Likes

love this livery!

2 Likes

It’s got my vote

2 Likes

If it was in the game I would so show it off OK who am I fooling all of us will be showing it off LOL

2 Likes

Interesting to speculate whether this will ever be added even after nearly three years and this being a highly requested livery. Remember the near borderline rioting it took for the 737 livery to be added despite being the most requested in game at the time.
I wouldn’t get hopes up for this to be added. Despite amazing improvements in the simulator in quality of aircraft over the years, there still seems to be this bias against Qantas liveries

6 Likes

U.S/European bias I reckon. They always forget about us. 5 liveries for AA on the 757? No problem. 1 Qantas livery on the 737? Riot or no cigar

3 Likes

Well Jason did I say that the 757 will have the most liveries in the sim

Yet it still won’t have the Royal New Zealand Air Force…?

3 Likes

You know this how?

Can Devs still add liveries to 2016-2018 models ??

The artist in charge has added many A320 liveries and even done 737 liveries. No reason to think something as recent as the 787 couldn’t be added. However, if it can’t be done, just a little bit of transparency would be amazing. There was borderline rioting for the 737 livery because there was no transparency on the difficulties of adding the 737 livery

2 Likes

From 6 years of using the game, 5 years being involved in the community, and 6 years of disappointment. We asked for the new Qantas livery as soon as the new livery was first painted in October 2016 (pretty sure this was before the 787 release? at least it was after Qantas unveiled the new livery), and when the 787 rolled out of the factory back in September 2017.

Yes, they’ve done it with even older models. But I remember with the new 737 liveries, they had to wait before something was updated to be able to paint on the belly of the plane.

2 Likes

Once again I have to boost this thread at a peak hour time in hopes developers see that the community hasn’t been badly requesting a Jetblue livery update, but for Australian liveries. Looking forward to the day if they decide to add this livery.

5 Likes

Why even bother voting for liveries you want to see when it seems the developers just ignore them. There is obviously a high demand for this livery, and many others with just as many votes, but there never seems to be any developer recognition at all. After being a paying customer of Infinite Flight since 2013, and a community member since 2016, I feel as if my voice and many other voices are constantly drowned out by bias to many American liveries. You could say the JetBlue livery was “outdated” and “it isn’t realistic to fly a livery that no longer exists”. This is true, but as an example, the current Qantas livery we have on the 787-9 was NEVER on the aircraft in the first place, and was NEVER even said to be on the aircraft. I ask how is a livery with 7 votes, on an aircraft family that has a CURRENT livery on the A321, more important than a livery with 130+ votes, on an aircraft with no realistic Qantas livery in the first place? Sorry about the rant, just thought I would add my 2¢ to the conversation.

17 Likes

Just bumping this one up a little.

5 Likes

I have a dream that one day…

3 Likes