Qantas Boeing 737-800

It is tragic! How could this demand not have been seen and already rectified. It might just be that most devs are American, and don’t really care about any Australian liveries as they wont fly in them personally. I hope this isnt the case but this livery has been on the in IFC for a long LONG time, only increasing in votes, whilst the moment a new A320 Alaska livery comes out - oh its already in IF with it only securing 9 Votes on the IFC. My mind is blown! Especially if a livery doesn’t take that long to make. This whole system of a feature request (for liveries) is useless if the devs don’t follow what its meant to be (adding the most popular liveries/most requested) instead they added liveries like all the Frontier ones, but wait a minute they didn’t have the highest votes on the IFC for a livery request. I am sorry for the little rant, but i had to get it off my chest. I really hope this will eventually get added.

6 Likes

Thats just what ive been thinking too, any non-american livery really struggle to get noticed

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Whilst we rely heavily on what community feedback for feature requests, sometimes, certain requests aren’t possible to do at a certain time, whether this be due to technical or time-related constraints. In this particular case, our livery rendering techniques have moved on a significant amount from when we introduced this reworked 737 around 4 years ago, and adding new liveries to older aircraft isn’t as simple a task as one might think, compared to adding them to aircraft using our newer rendering techniques (such as the A320 family).

We’ll keep this feature request open as it’s inevitable this livery will be added in the future. We have no personal/geographical bias when we come to creating new liveries and sometimes, like in this case, there is more than meets the eye :) thanks everyone!

28 Likes

Good. This was dumb anyway. Go fly a 787 or a Dash. So, hop on to a different topic. See what I did there…kangaroos hop…

10 Likes

But the 787 has the old Livery…

Isn’t that a newish aircraft? Maybe y’all could add the new Qantas Livery to that ;)

Yes I’ve voted on the other topic

4 Likes

Agreed, it would be great to see the real Qantas 787 livery in IF.

2 Likes

great to here a response from the staff, atleast we know that this aircraft is coming…

3 Likes

And they kick box as well so you better watch out for rouge one they say the kangaroo can sniff the foreigner sent 😂

8 Likes

a legit answer from the person who really involved in IF’s development. correct me if i’m wrong :)

probably if I got the answer like this on my thread instead of people throwing opinions and judgement I might not that curious again :)

2 Likes

Maybe that’s because “Staff” is written next to his name and the post is highlighted…

6 Likes

No he is the dev of LiveFlight

I’m also on the FDS team :)

4 Likes

Either way, you’re squashing dreams and I couldn’t be more proud.

3 Likes

@Joe you sure about that? 😂

4 Likes

I’ve never seen you at a desk in the office amigo…

37 Likes

Since when do you guys have an office?

Wowow wow it’s Laura

4 Likes

I was sent near HR after spending time with Mark in Atlanta :(

3 Likes

Guess what’s coming! Rejoice!

39 Likes

Wait is that real?? Omg

2 Likes