Qantas Airbus A300

Was operated by Qantas a while back.

33 Likes

Lovely, hope to see this in IF!

2 Likes

I like the A300.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s got that classy A330 feel with the funny nose. Just missing the wingtips and modern engines. And the new Qantas font on their new liveries (this is the retro type of font).

3 Likes

Wow that’s an old boy.

2 Likes

Hey, I just found ‘TAA’ written on the top of the rudder. Just a coincidence, or does it mean Trans Australia Airlines?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know. It may have something to do with Tarns but I doubt it. Maybe something to do with the registration.

1 Like

Yeah, just realised the rego is VH-TAA

1 Like

You could almost say it’s like an A330 with a 737 nose 😂

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re exactly right!

1 Like

Yep TAA is part of the three letter rego for that aircraft, depending on the aircraft its written under wing, at the top of the tail or close to the nose wheel (like the cover / door for it).

3 Likes

If there Sydney Region Expanded next year, would be great to see them.

1 Like

Well Global Flight is just around the corner anyway! Would be lovely seeing this in IF one day… 😮🙃👍

1 Like

Doesn’t the A300 and A310 use yokes? That’ll be a difference from the A320-A380

1 Like

Yes, that’s right :-)

Just found out that VH-TAA was originally part of Trans Australia Airlines it was the first Airbus A300B4-203 delivered to them. Trans Australia Airlines then became ‘Australian Airlines’ and after this it was merged with Qantas Airways.

This aircraft had a nice history! :)

1 Like

One word: classy!

1 Like

Wow, it’s been through the whole Qantas mob! It now just needs to be brought back from the scrapyard and put into service with Jetstar :-)

1 Like

You can tell the ex Australian Airlines planes from the Qantas aircraft before Aussie airlines merged with them
The Australian airlines planes had the Australian airline under the Qantas titles. For example
Qantas
The Australian Airline
While Qantas was
Qantas
The spirit of Australia
Anyway back on topic I really badly want this livery

2 Likes

Yes I support this

1 Like