Qantas A321XLR

Qantas A321XLR

Image Credits

About Qantas’ order of the A321XLR

Today the Aircraft Manufacturer Airbus has a order placed by Qantas for 36 of it’s A321XLR. The aircraft are said to start being delivered in 2024. Once Qantas have their hands of the aircraft, they will use them alongside their current A330’s in their Australia to Asia routes. Note that Qantas could give some to Jetstar, let’s just hope not all of them 😍

Yes, the Aircraft isn’t coming until 2024, but I hope for it to be a part of Infinite Flight in the future. If you haven’t already done so, go check out the A321XLR feature request.

Thank you for reading my feature request!

Mavic

Literally any livery on the XLR looks awesome. 😍

11 Likes

Wish I could vote “obviously” as I love Qantas, but I’m out of votes.

But

Qantas Group CEO, Alan Joyce said:
We’ll take a decision closer to the time about which parts of the Group will use these aircraft, but there is plenty of potential across Qantas and Jetstar. We’ll also take a view on whether they are used to replace older aircraft or whether they are used for growth, which will depend on what’s happening in the market.

2 Likes

As said above, it is not confirmed as of yet whether these will go to Jetstar or Qantas. Regardless, it still looks good.

I recommend checking out this statement from qantas.
https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/qantas-group-updates-airbus-order-with-extra-long-range-a321/

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that they are planning to give this aircraft to Jetstar. Previously, they were planning to replace their A320s/A321s, and I assume that this will help.

And maybe Qantaslink will get some of the old Jetstar A320s?🤞

4 Likes

Really hoping that’s still the case, I would do anything to see a Jetstar 320Neo land at my local airport 😍

4 Likes

I would love to see this livery in the game just, first of all, we need to know if the a321XLR is even gonna be added to IF and when that is confirmed ill consider voting as well if Qantas decides to keep it and not give it to Jetstar.

1 Like

Thanks for the link mate, yes the Qantas Livery on the XLR looks lovely

1 Like

Great post. I think qantas suits the aircraft better. But I’m pretty sure they’re going to go to Jetstar.

1 Like

Got my vote! Looks better in Qantas colours…

2 Likes

Guys don’t forget Qantas still has A321LR on order and A320Neo. They only converted the A321 NEO to the XLR but keeping the LR

1 Like

I’m kind of anti undelivered liveries, I mean look at what happened with our Delta 787. Who knows, they could throw a new paint job on it. I think we should wait for deliveries on all liveries personally…

1 Like

Looks like a baby a350 to me 😂

Yeah you are right Mate, it’s not very fun when that happens, I just wanted to get the request out there, to get it into peoples minds many so when the time comes, and the XLR is released (maybe) the request is already there

1 Like

The XLR is almost identical to the NEO, and being a derivative of one of the most popular airliners in the real world, and IF it will come, eventually. As for getting it into people’s minds, sure, I mean the request would happen at some point, I just feel like it’s a little far off…

1 Like

Yeah, and sometimes you wonder if there are to many of those far off request. Probably, but nothings bad with being prepared and excited about something 😆 I just couldn’t wait for it to be request, from the moment I saw that article lol 😆

There are. I think some people need to take a step back and realize that not everything in aviation will make it in, but then again a request as obscure, or far off as it may be never hurt anyone… 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

Yep, we can always just let it sink into the community’s abis… thanks for expressing your feelings KPIT, I’ll take them into consideration for the future 👍

1 Like

Totally support any aircraft in my favourite airlines livery, although I’m already at my limit of votes. As soon as I can I’ll vote!

1 Like

Just do clarify that first part wasn’t exactly directed at you. I still think it’s too far off for my tastes, but this is far from an unreasonable request…

1 Like