Qantas 787 Delivery Tracking Thread - Third 787 “Quokka” Has arrived in Australia

I will, I have been waiting to track a Qantas 787-9 for a long time.

2 Likes

Here is another article from USA Today which provides more detailed photos of the cabin ;)

4 Likes

Great Southern Land will be taking off from Honolulu in just over an hour. QF7879 is expected to be departing at 20:45 AEST and 23:45 HAST. I’ll post another update closer to the departure time :)

6 Likes

Welcome home, Great Southern Land! Qantas’ first #QantasDreamliner landed in Sydney early this morning at approximately 07:00 AEDT this morning.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/first-qantas-dreamliner-arrives-home-and-opens-a-new-era-of-travel/

7 Likes

How is it yummy it is an aircraft not a treat

1 Like

It’s a joke. He just means that it looks so good he want’s to eat it. Somehow some people think carbon fibre and aluminium is delicious :)

3 Likes

This is great news! This is great! Welcome Great Southern Land!

4 Likes

Here she is at YSSY

7 Likes

Flying into Sydney! Not the best photos I know, I didn’t have my camera on me. These were taken with my phone.

13 Likes

Wow, I don’t know how this thread slipped past me. It’s a stunning aircraft and those are actually some very nice shots @bensonb

3 Likes

Glad to see her up and flying at Qantas’ hub. Great shots!

1 Like

Very cool, is that your shot?

Yes, I took it.

1 Like

That’s a great looking aircraft. Qantas is wonderful.

1 Like

Yeah I just looked at the PM 😂
Very lucky find!

1 Like

3 Likes

Those passengers are very lucky presuming they didn’t have to pay extra to fly the Dreamliner, especially on a domestic flight! That route is normally flown by an A330-200.

3 Likes

My mum flew on the same route at the same time on sunday on the a332

2 Likes

OH YEEEAAH

2 Likes

QF481 has just touched down at YPPH the 7news helicopter is recording the landing too!

3 Likes