Qantas 787-9 now in final assembly!

Great news for Aussies! Qantas 787-9 has entered the final assembly stage at Everett. The 787-9 along with an El Al and Ethiopian 787s are most likely bound for service just at the start of October! Already the tail of the 787 is painted and I just can’t wait to see that beauty roll out of the hangar with fresh paint! Anyways, the parts of this 787 came from Japan and the US.

IMG_2185
Photo belongs to Paine Field News Blogger.

More Info and Content:

24 Likes

Looks cool! It’ll definitely be flying soon then

3 Likes

Finally after the long wait!! Hopefully going to fly the Qantas Dreamliner in December!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see it flying around the world 😍

1 Like

This is going to be fantastic! I really can’t wait to fly on them 😊

1 Like

Gorgeous plane, gonna be the great testing for long haul flights to see how the 777-8 will go with Qantas when they open the Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne to London routes.

1 Like

Yay, I am glad that this is finally happening!

1 Like

The plane rolled out on the 23rd of August. The aircraft is now completing ground test in Everett. First flight is expected to be on the 22nd of September. (Just for future reference) You should do some more research when it comes to aircraft production. Things change quickly. (Just from past reports) So you might want to change some of the things in your post.

Still, it will be nice to finally see the Qantas 787 flying.

Source.

-Taco

3 Likes

Qantas really needed to order more then 8! im confused why they are operating them in Brisbane mainly. Honestly dont like there A330 aircraft why are they just replacing 747 not older -330. Would a 777 be a better option for 747 size routes?

This happened almost a month ago. Where have you all been?

The tail is my profile pic

2 Likes

From what I understand, Qantas has stopovers in Dubai for most of its European Flights (soon to be switched to Singapore). So, their long haul flights aren’t as long as you probably think they are.

1 Like

Qantas European routes are only to London. All of SYD and MEL flights stop at Dubai. However, they will switch the SYD-LHR sector to SIN and MEL-LHR section to 789 via PER.

The distance between Sydney and London is 16,989 kilometers , slightly longer than SIA’s polar route, SIN-EWR

1 Like

Ah good, give them a rest while there over there, they will be Qantas’s workhorses when they arrive down under

Nice… I heard it somewhere they will use that aircraft for Perth-London Heathrow and without a stop in dxb

1 Like

That’s correct, using 787-9 which enables them to go direct 😉

Here is the Seat plan for those who are curious

Qantas’ Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner is outfitted with 236 seats. The interior features 42 lie flat Business Class seats, 28 Premium Economy seats, and 166 standard Economy seats. (Quoted from SeatGuru)

Pretty high premium and light configuration compared to other airlines’

1 Like

I always thought Qantas already received their 787s, I guess it’s because they’re already in IF…

1 Like

I’m talking about the 787 Long Haul flights they will start testing next year.

787-10 is in game but not commercially flying yet

1 Like

I think it would be good if I post this in here 😉

Looks stunning!

Source to AusBT
10 Likes

My god she is good looking, which is why I have changed my background to the new livery

1 Like