Q4 2019 Development Update

Great words!

2 Likes

We also have a new map type, reworked UI and live cockpit for the TBM being released in 19.4. The devs can’t work on all the planes at the same time, so they choose a few (A350 had over a thousand votes, one of the highest on the forum, and the 777 was voted by the community to be reworked). In my opinion, it seems like a pretty fair deal.

8 Likes

The Cessna is the first thing you see when you first download IF. The old 172 just doesn’t look competitive in the mobile sim market. First impressions are important, and I think the rework will substantially grow the IF user base. It’s not all about wide bodies, and the importance of the aircraft may not be evident to all users.

2 Likes

Now this si very interesting

1 Like

I somewhat agree with some of your points, however the Infinite Flight team constantly adds liveries! For example I have always wanted the Aegean A320 and after 3 years of waiting it was finally confirmed! It is believed to be released with the C172 and the TBM, but until then all we can do is patiently wait.

4 Likes

I understand your frustration (not my favourite airplanes either), but there are many good reasons for doing this kind of stuff in-between. Take a look through the old blog post on the C172 rework (Reworking the 172) which is explaining everything very well and please read my post below:

1 Like

When they released that internal update adding 5 liverys on the A320, Latam, Wow, British and others I don’t remember … I thought they would do it every month or every two months … It would be interesting and keep the community more active on Infinite Flight , this is a fact. Just imagine we are sure to come new paintings, 4 at most was already great, every month or every two months … It would be amazing, but they choose to make the most difficult and time consuming.

9 Likes

I’m also sure they have several liverys in stock and are holding back why? Want to lose more subscriptions? Gee, try to work a little harder on this, it’s not difficult, and it’s rewarding for us subscribers. I see the hard work that has been with the A350 and wonder, you guys are great. But think of the idea.

10 Likes

You know, stuff gets in the way just in general even outside of Infinite Flight development. I’m glad they are fixing these issues to have a quality product we can all love and enjoy! Keep it up team!

2 Likes

I agree with your words, at least could send some paintings, I honestly do not know what use we have the tab (Resources) in IFC, this seems to be of no use, we have the 737 which is a very used aircraft that needs rework , the embraer family nobody flies because it’s horrible to fly, nothing comes out of a livery, if they are loaded with service hire more people, we pay for the app, we have the right to complain, support at work and help build it, because we are the users, we are not all happy, I know it must be difficult to please everyone, but there are things we can’t understand why we don’t have

10 Likes

Exactly, that makes us a little frustrated. I recognize the work you have, they are the best mobile simulator, and we are here to help you get better, you have been doing a great job but you could go with these details that you miss.

5 Likes

@IFAB_AmyMacdonald and @Gabriel_f:

While I absolutely understand the frustration than no new liveries are announced yet (!) (surprises are possible), please read at least the following excerpts from the C172 post (https://infiniteflight.com/blog/reworking-the-172/) for better understanding of IF‘s reasoning:

” One of our long term goals is making ourselves available to the real-world training market. Today’s pilots have many tools available to help them practice before getting in the cockpit, and for many, a PC-based simulator isn’t of interest to them. To provide pilots with adequate practice tools, we had to start upgrading our fleet to accommodate instrumentation that would help them.“

” So to our airliner fans, the A350 and B777 have not been delayed! In fact, improvements to these instruments allows us to move more quickly on the glass airliner displays.“

7 Likes

^^^^^ Try considering this

1 Like

Yes … I’ve read it and that answers me nothing

2 Likes

I have read and re-read this and I don’t need to read again and honestly something that hasn’t come for over a year, I don’t expect it to come anytime soon

7 Likes

Not the type of post to complain, but i have to agree with the comments above. One of the reasons why i didnt renew my sub last month is the lack of liveries. I think i ve literally flown every livery on this sim. We need some more diversity more options to enable us to fly new routes that we can only fly with generic aircraft (not really fun)

13 Likes

thats true. Ive flow a lot of places. But why not fly them again? new routes are being launched by RWA quite often.

@Gabriel_f and @IFAB_AmyMacdonald, i agree that there should be a higher frequency of liveries release, it’s bad to have to wait months for an update (I understand that the delay is to make everything fine) and not know which liveries will come or if liveries come!

5 Likes

I stopped renewing because of the lack of stuff that interests me. I understand that the C172 may interest others, but that isn’t my thing. I’m waiting until the A350 comes out, some new liveries come in, or some other truly groundbreaking (sim-altering) feature comes out.

I believe that new liveries are a cost effective (and presumably not inherently difficult) way to keep users subscribed between large updates. It’s possible to push some without even updating the app, as we saw last year when 5 liveries were pushed out of the blue.

10 Likes

Disappointing :(

4 Likes