Put a restriction on London City (EGLC) for aircraft bigger than A318

Because in real life the A318 is the biggest plane that can land there, why not put a restriction on it so no aircraft bigger than the A318 can land for realism purposes like at KASE.

64 Likes

I agree adds more realism to the sim

1 Like

But not only on london

He means EGLC, as in London City Airport.

5 Likes

Make a restriction for “supers” (a380;747…) at KNUC >:(

7 Likes

Well if you put one at EGLC then someone will want a TFR somewhere else in the London region. Then someone will want another TFR in the London region, and before long the map will be filled.

1 Like

Is that necessarily a bad thing? As long as it’s realistic, I just can’t see how it would be bad.

4 Likes

This will be a challenge unless the TFR is very small as Heathrow is right next to it

1 Like

True to that, like Airspace it has to be small and have a lower ceiling because it’s right in the way of Britain’s busiest airport.

1 Like

I suppose it’s not bad, but if they add a ton of TFR’s at least make them smaller. The ones at Aspen and Eagle County are huge in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think E-195s are larger than A318, correct me if I’m wrong. They still fly to London City.

Expert ATC should have the ability to add restrictions, do I think.

3 Likes

We shouldn’t get carried away with TFRs to do this.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t look the best on maps, with so many red circles that on can barely see your flightplan.

If this happens, a restriction should be put for all required Airports which is impossible…

Therefore London city gets no special treatment.

2 Likes

Maybe only for LCY, as it is very busy in IF. Other random class Delta airports can stay the way they are now.

1 Like

good idea its wierd to see an 737-900 there

This, a lot.

Common sense > TFR’s.

2 Likes

Make LCY realistic again

1 Like

Guess what?

It never was.

3 Likes