Pushback Request Check

If the controller gives you an expected runway on your pushback request Please don’t tell me your ready to taxi to Another runway other than the one I expected you to be ready to taxi to Unless I just approve your pushback Without an expected runway. Although you should just be telling me you’re ready to taxi to the active runway as Mark Denton does…please correct me if I’m incorrect…Thank you… Good day…✈️🤔

1 Like

Hello @Jeodanie_Smith,

When giving a pushback command you can give them the expected runway, however you don’t strictly need to send them to that runway at all. Just make sure that the runway that they want to go to is an active runway that you want to use. If that is the case then there is no problem at all.

3 Likes

Im not a member of IFATC but this really sounds like TS behavior and you’re right, „expect runway XX“ means you turn in the direction of the runway and taxi there when cleared to do so. But I’ve never experienced that someone on expert taxied to a closed runway/runway he wasn’t assigned before.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem in requesting a different runway if it’s still in use. As the controller you can still send the aircraft to the runway you told them to expect.

3 Likes

So today is an example for me, I was told to expect the shorter of the 2 runways. I was a heavy 747 and needed more runway to ensure a safe take off.

I requested the new runway and was still told to goto the shorter one.

This was on expert, with IFATC - so I had to conduct an unrealistic takeoff, with 102% N1 and 20° flaps. Not Cool
Sometimes it’s worth double checking why someone is requesting a different runway, because believe it or not - we are all human and sometimes controllers miss things.

2 Likes

I do make sure I consider aircraft size too… but it works 2 ways… I have had an a380 tell me they wanted to taxi to the shortest active runway just because they spawned right next to it…guess they were too lazy to taxi to the correct length active runway which I told them to expect 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂

1 Like

If it’s not too busy you should try to use the runway the pilot requests.Of course the length should fit the aircraft and the requested runway should be a runway in use.

As an IFATC I try to rarely give expect XX on pushback. And if you have a request I try to accommodate.

1 Like

I try to accommodate the pilots but I’m not going to have a heavy takeoff 🛫 on a runway made for Cessna 😂As I think it’s not correct or safe operations

2 Likes