Pushback in C-130

So, as we all know the pushback feature is not on the C-130, although a nifty thing I learned was, reverse is always available on the C-130, so I decided to try and reverse with no brakes, turns out it works, just reverse out of your parking spot! Just felt like I could share this for people who want to have “pushback”.

9 Likes

They could’ve enabled it for all the planes.
It’s a deliberate feature

2 Likes

Huh…I’ll be right back.

It’s only enabled for the C-130.

3 Likes

Yah, I checked only C-130[quote=“SirMS, post:4, topic:83588, full:true”]
It’s only enabled for the C-130.
[/quote]

1 Like

I meant the developers shouldve enabled it for all planes.

3 Likes

I thought the 737 had it too?

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 Like

A year ago when there was no pishback feature you could use reversers any time

5 Likes

Oh I remember that now lol

1 Like

No they shouldn’t… It’s the only aircraft on the sim that has this function IRL. As IF is a flight simulator it wouldn’t be realistic. On top of this when they use it a they open the ramp and one of the crew stands at the ramp guiding the pilots backwards IF he stops saying “back” (I’m not 100% sure) then the pilots must stop as this means he is incapable of saying which could mean he fell out and is under the aircraft.

5 Likes
13 Likes

I stand corrected

3 Likes

The C-17 IRL also has the ability to use her engines to push back. Of course with jets you have to look out for the jet wash! that’s why IRL tugs are normally used so that you don’t knock over people/ buildings etc etc

I love seeing these aircraft pushback it’s so cool

1 Like

It increases the risk of FOD (damage caused by Foreign Object Debris). All sorts of stuff gets sucked into engines.
That’s why the A380 only has thrust reversers on engines 2 and 3.
The risk might be less with props though.

3 Likes

Thank you, I was wondering how I could pushback

And this is a gr8 resource in stopping ur ac…putting up the brakes just jolts the nose down taking off realism …instead from a steady point start slowing down which adds to realism and easy operation

That’s a specific case on a specific airport where they let it happen. It would NEVER happen at JFK or LHR

You don’t get C-130 at JFK or LHR either.
The C17 can power back as well.

3 Likes