Public apology

I realize that I have not been the best pumpkin in the patch, and I realize that I am always negative. So, I’d just like to take this note to say I am sorry for all the negative comments I have said to people and on others posts. I will try and be as respectful as I possibly can in the future.

24 Likes

Even though I didn’t notice I forgive you

8 Likes

I also forgive you

7 Likes

Hey, no worries! We can all be snarky sometimes! Like @MxP, I never really noticed it.

Besides, I can certainly be snarky myself, quite often!

4 Likes

I also forgive you

4 Likes

No worries! I know you don’t mean any bad :)

3 Likes

Personally I haven’t noticed anything, but remember, it’s what you do next that counts! There’s a reason the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror!

12 Likes

I like that reference :)

3 Likes

Whilst I never noticed myself, it’s good that you are recognising the error of your ways.

Have a great rest of your day!

2 Likes

I also forgive you

chain

4 Likes

People have said way worse on here. You’re totally forgiven

3 Likes

That’s an understatement!😂

3 Likes

You too have a good week :)

1 Like

Never noticed anything. Take it as a learning experience. We are all a very friendly community and enjoy helping others, and watching others and ourselves grow. Treat people how you would like to be treated. Takes a big person to come out and write an apology publicly like that so I commend you for having that courage. Proceed on in a positive way from here on out. :)

7 Likes

FWIW: I would be careful speaking about things that you aren’t fully informed on. You said we never accept anyone but if you see the proof in the image below, your claim is debunked… (496 members)

I won’t beat a dead horse but what Seb mentioned earlier in the application topic is more than true and accurate. Hopefully words will be considered more carefully in the future. 🙂

10 Likes

I think we’ve all had our rough moments, but it’s always good to recognize that and apologize. So I except your apology

1 Like

Self-ownership at its finest…you’ve made the IFC proud!

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed either, but what you do afterwards is what counts.

1 Like

I think sometimes we can all fall into the trap of being a little bit negative. What’s important now is that you have identified this yourself and have realised your mistakes. Looking forward, I’m sure you are going to be a great part of this community.

1 Like

As blasé as it may seem, I’m rather annoyed that we’ve fallen to the level where owning up to your own actions and admitting it is wrong to be the bare minimum. The way I see it, the lack of self-respect to acknowledge this at the first time of asking is only going to lead to an echo chamber where we have users asking the same questions over and over again.

Having been in the Airport Editing Application Thread for who knows how long, the fact that we’re seeing the same questions being asked over and over and over again by the same people multiple times should be enough of a reason to not have them join the editing team. If you can’t read instructions as clear as day, you’re not going to survive in the editing team.

Not to mention, we always request that editors accept review feedback with grace. This has happened multiple times to even the best of editors, but if you’re unwilling to out your ego aside and listen to people who know what they’re talking about, I’m afraid that we’re going to look for a better person for the role.

I don’t mean to be a Negative Nancy, nor am I trying to deter people from joining the editing team. However, it is important to understand that your own actions are causing the consequences you face; and if you’re still unwilling to take that fact on the chin and change how you approach various situations, then you can continue to sit on the sidelines.

17 Likes