Proposal to limit a users Senior Leaderships positions in VA's

This is not yet a direct proposal to IFVARB, as I want to see what people’s views on this are.

Proposal to Limit a users Senior Leadership positions within Virtual Airlines.

I have seen on multiple occasions, users who are in Senior Leadership positions in more than two virtual airlines.

Not only does this give others users less of an opportunity, who are not in leadership roles, who may have the potential to be in one, it has often lead to newly set up VA’s not being active or being closed, because they are unable to devote the time and effort into building and sustaining a virtual airline. This is not meant to criticize anybody, but to make sure that VA’s are held to a better standard , or are able to form without having to close afterwards. I’ve seen alot of people who seem to signup for Senior leadership of every new VA that is created.

This is the proposal:

President (or equivalent) = 1 VA Only
Deputy President (or equivalent) = 1 VA Only

This does not count non-senior management positions. So you can be a pilot in as many VA’s as you like, or in accordance to the VA’s guidelines.

What do you think? Its just an idea to make VA’s better and more active, as well as giving other users more opportunities!

~Alex~

• Yes
  • Possibly (please suggest a change or constructive feedback)
  • No (please mention why if you have constructive feedback)

0 voters

1 Like

No…?
Maybe we should give some space to VA’s.

2 Likes

This is supposed to help VA’s, and is only a proposal. If someone is President or senior management in three or more VA’s, which I’ve seen commonly with some users, mostly of newer or lower grades, then it’s very unlikely they will be able to put all of their potential and effort into all of these VA’s, considering how hard and time-consuming it is to create and manage one.

1 Like

Could you add a poll? - it is just easier to see everyone’s opinion.

1 Like

If I’m not wrong, this rule exist already no ?

1 Like

No i don’t believe their is a hard and fast rule it is just frowned upon.

1 Like

This is a difficult one. The issue that the OP raises here is present, but there is a blurred line as to what really counts as a staff position, and we don’t want to limit those who truly have the time and commitmemt to hold down several of them. There is a rule (maximum of 4) but for now I’d just say to PM us if you have any specific concerns about users.

3 Likes

Thanks @neo for the clarification !

1 Like

I agree with this because I have seen on first hand experience being a pilot that the Staff are also staff at other VA’s and therefore the VA just dies. This is often a bad thing because they normally have so much potential. Also as you say it gives people a chance, which ultimately is the goal.

1 Like

I agree that a ‘staff post’ leader should only be in one VA. I have taken some stick in the past in my VA, British Airways a condition of becoming a senior or middle leader is that you are 100% committed to our VA. For me, how can you be an effective leader if you are in a staff position elsewhere at the same time?

5 Likes

You’re definitely right, me too for my VA, staff members can work only with us and any other VA.
Because Staff position is an important position that’s why we need serious users…

1 Like

Depends on the workload. If you are in a VA with 5 members, theres almost no work, dependant on the activity. So if you are in 3 VAs where you only need to do a few things, why not give them the position.
I personally always have a look at members profile and the activity and then give out a staff position.

1 Like

Let’s face it if you are a staff member in many VAs you are likely to be inactive there and in some other VAs. This would cause you to be either demoted or kicked out. If people can handle it I say let them do it and let the VAs decide wether staff are active enough to survive in multiple VAs.

1 Like

No, I completely disagree. If you can’t handle your own VA, then tough. However, if you’re like me, who is CEO at IFES, Admin at Proaerobatics, and an admin at the IFC Discord, and can take on multiple VAs and positions, I see no reason to limit the amount of VAs you’re able to head. It’s up to you to determine how much time you can dedicate to a VA and when it’s time to step down. If you can’t do that, then by all means, don’t spearhead a VA.

Now that part about giving others a chance, I couldn’t care less. Life isn’t about being fair and giving equal opportunity. You seize what you can when you can. If there’s an opportunity to head 3 VAs and you’re capable of doing so, do it, because if you don’t, someone else will, and I’d rather that be me than anyone else.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, it’s about what you can handle and personally I think the regulatory board should have a good look into that. Get what you can get

2 Likes

Yup, I didn’t know about this board until recently, but if they think they’re gonna stop me from doing all I can, good luck. This is all a bunch of kids playing politics. I won’t be a part of their pretend game.

3 Likes

In Frontier, you may not have a senior position in another virtual airline. You may not even hold any staff position there. We need your full effort focused inward to the airline not divided between others. You as Pilot deserves our full attention.

1 Like

We’re not going to as previously stated above.

It’s astonishing how in 2017, people aren’t expected to be able to do more than 1 thing at a time.

1 Like

Isn’t there a rule in the official ABVNFWhatever saying you can’t be CEO of two different VAs?