Proposal for updating report user function

I’ve given this quite a bit of thought as to how to help out the playground atmosphere. We all know that we can report users for bad behavior. However the report function is rather difficult to use while on approach or trying to locate the person disobeying instructions. I propose we do something like the pictures listed that move the last responding user to the top of the page such as in the ATC view by call sign only. Once you click on a specific call sign it will give you the users information just as it does when you do this on the map screen now. And will also have the report user function along with it. I think this will make reporting misbehaving users that much easier, and create a better learning environment on the playground.

18 Likes

This would help a lot

5 Likes

@Swang007 @Maxmustang @divebuddha I used your guys call signs for my illustration hope you guys don’t mind.

3 Likes

Totally agree

1 Like

Would certainly make it easier to report. Though still quick, the current one takes away enough time that I feel uncomfortable taxiing and reporting someone

1 Like

This feature could also open up other opportunities such as in flight chat with other pilots

8 Likes

Yes, for example the 10 closest aircraft could show up on the list, or aircraft within Xnm. As stated, it could also let you call out to other pilots (not sure of all the appropriate scenarios).

1 Like

I was just thinking it moves the last person to communicate on the frequency to first in the list. And all users in that frequency be available to view.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Bump :) keep it going don’t let it die

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Back to the top. Change is needed not more saying this is a problem if it’s a problem figure out a way of addressing it.

2 Likes

Avoid bumping old thread. If it didn’t get enough attention it is usually a good indication has to how it actually affect ppl and not just a vocal minority.

That being said, this is something we are aware of and are actively looking at ways to improve. Kudos for giving us a potential solution, this is exactly what this category is for :)

7 Likes

@philippe thanks for the response I won’t bump it again. I’m fairly disipointed everyone wants to complain but not back any kind of solution.

4 Likes

HI Brandon, found this older thread and agree that it would be a great thing to have. Agree that currently its not so easy to go and report a user, especially if taxing or on final!

1 Like

thanks @Carson, had read that this morning and think its a fantastic idea. This one is slightly different with regards to HOW the reporting user is done. Understand that the new system suggested by the DEVs you still can report user, but in the current way which can be a bit unwieldy.

1 Like

Hmm so you’re saying as an addition to the new level system? That’d be good.

well from what I understand it moves the REPORT USER button from the flight plan page and has it on the ATC tab, just to help make it less cumbersome in using. this would be important if the fact being reported is used as part of the process to see if you have permission for different servers.

1 Like

Would definitely help with playground.

@ColonelJeff why wouldn’t this help the issue regarding trolls on the playground?

1 Like