Proposal for a Videos category

Hello,

I was thinking it would be good to have a Videos category where people can post videos of IF and of real aircraft.

Please tell me what you think.

Many thanks,
B767fan

2 Likes

This could be good, but it would only be for YouTube/Vimeo etc links as storing the files on the server would cost far too much.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was aiming at.

Speaking of categories, this should probably go in Meta😄

Moved to Meta.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is really necessary - there aren’t very many videos posted in existing categories so I’m not sure if we’d need a whole category dedicated to it… I’d personally rather see existing categories being used well before new ones being created :)

1 Like

@Benny87654321 A good idea, but don’t advertise your posts in others.

I’ve worked with Developers in the past on the creating replay videos on device, then uploading to such as Facebook, Google Plus, YouTube, CloudDrive.

My participation was being able to prove it could be done. That being said, often the inability to do that was because of the replay format (for instance “.fly” (yes, I said y)) not being proprietary and available for codec conformity readily acceptable by others, such as YouTube. And while there are requirements on both ends, Dev and User, in today’s formats of 2k and 4k the space needed on a mobile device is very restricted. Still, it’s a cool idea😎