Proper back tracking procedures?

Just wondering why I got spanked for back tracking about 1/4 mile on runway 27 at San Diego when the tower told me too.
What gives?

2 Likes

How fast were you going? And were you told to expedite?

1 Like

I’m guessing this was on the Training server

2 Likes

Please give more Information. Saying you got spanked is not very informative…

4 Likes

How hard was the spanking? Was it open hand or closed fist? Or paddle? Are you bruised? Did you like it?

76 Likes

Jeez, I guess this will teach him not to use that word again on this forum 😂

6 Likes

That killed it. hahah

24 Likes

I am in tears honestly. And no, not from spanking

19 Likes

There’s no reason to backtrack at KSAN since the parallel taxiway runs full length, I don’t know why you would be instructed to do so.

5 Likes

Focus on the spanking.

7 Likes

It depends as the other side taxi way if you get me doesn’t run full length, in which case he should have crossed the runaway and taxied in the full length taxi way. Either way it wasn’t needed

1 Like

This just made my day!

1 Like

That’s a first, to say the least.

3 Likes

MaxSez: “Focus on the Spanking”! What are you trying to tell us Mats?

6 Likes

Mats is telling us to focus on the spanking. Some like ls spanking others don’t. It all depends on the person and the level of sensitivity.

1 Like

Wow. Lol. Didn’t think “spanking” would render such a response. Apparently some of us have hidden issues. Lol
I didn’t understand either why I was told to back track. Taxi way was right there.
I did expedite as instructed. Speeded up to about 50 knots.

When I said Spanking, I was meaning that I was told to consult ATC instructions on proper taxing. I’m thinking: "huh?"
Guess I went overboard on the term

No, we went overboard on the term. This is what happens when you say something like that to an bunch of teenage boys

FOR THE MOST PART, I’m sorry females :(

1 Like

hey now! there is still a good portion of us that are 20 and over in age!

5 Likes

were you going for a closed runway first?