Projected Completion Dates for New Aircraft

IF has already proven they can and will deliver when they are able, what’s the point.

For some of us it is important. Would you mind stepping out of progresses way?

Speaking for myself, i don’t care when planes are released i am happy with what we have now, and excited for the future in IF

1 Like

How is not publicly releasing a release date “stepping in the way of progress”?

Daily. I don’t mind not knowing, its more fun to have a small little heart attack when planes get released than to be disappointed when they don’t get released on a date.

2 Likes

Just an estimate. It doesn’t need to be over thought.

3 Likes

To be aware. Transparency, some accountability, and to be a closer community. If this doesn’t worry you then why are you defending them?

What’s soon? Weeks, months?

You don’t need a firm date. How about we are shooting for September

Whenever they want to release it;) nobody knows that’s the fun/interesting part

You asked for an estimate my friend, that’s the definition of an estimate.

1 Like

Soon usually means soon so… it should be soon! :)

I’d beg to differ that Summer of 2019 is a fair enough estimate

Because it’s more important for the developers to take their time and deliver a good product instead of rushing something out to meet at a certain date.

1 Like

Maybe for you but for a lit of people it is important. Why are you trying to stop this? Is it hurting you?

@T6W

When you get a moment, I’d like to hear your thoughts to the below:

5 Likes

And another consideration - expectation of a quality product v. speeding to meet deadlines, even arbitrary ones. This extends to real life as well; there are a lot of trash video games and products complained about by consumers at large that suffer due to the latter.

If you’re not happy with IF’s path of choosing to instead ensure each release is afforded the highest possible quality assurance before shipping without being burdened by specific dates, then feel free to migrate to another flight sim. :)

If I may step in for this comment, we’re not trying to stop you, or stop IF-LLC from giving us dates. We’re trying to provide reason as to why they haven’t and our personal opinions.

1 Like

Look. Anyone who supports getting a a forecast to an approximate month and year while understanding it could be delayed because such as life… support this thread and say “We want the truth!”

Thank you!