Project Rising Sun

Welcome to the development thread of Project Rising Sun! A few airport editors apart of the IFAET have come together to work on making Japan’s airports come to life!

Japan is known for their unique airport designs and rooftop terraces. Commercial aviation in Japan is taken over by JAL, ANA, Peach Aviation, Starflyer, Skymarks, IBEX, FDA, Solaseed, and more. We hope that the addition of airports will be able to increase the traffic of Japan aviation in Infinite Flight.

ICAO Airport Editor(s) Status
RJBE Kobe @LesterXavier Ready for Release
RJFF Fukuoka @Kamryn @Pingu Working on 2D
RJFK Kagoshima @Kamryn Working on 3D
RJNO Oki @BP-Aviation Ready for Release
RJNS Mt. Fuji Shizuoka @Kamryn Released in 22.5
RJOC Izumo @ToasterStroodie Released in 22.6
RJOK Kochi @JulietTango Ready for Release
RJOT Takamatsu @NemAir Ready for Release
RJSA Aomori @Toasterstroodie Released in 22.3
RJSC Yamagata @Kazuki Working on 3D
RJSI Hanamaki @CaptainDinglehopper Working on 2D/3D
RJTT Tokyo Haneda @DeerCrusher @LesterXavier @NJ24 @TAI Released in 21.1
ROAH Naha @Levet Working on 3D

Contact @Kamryn, @ToasterStroodie, @LesterXavier, or @JulietTango if you’re interested in adding your airport to the list.

56 Likes

Thank you guys!! 🥂

2 Likes

Nice work guys! What about Tokyo Narita, Sapporo, Osaka Kansia, Osaka Itami and Nagoya?

2 Likes

Nagoya as in RJGG is being worked on by TAI. I might take up the smaller Nagoya airport sometime in the future. The others mentioned are 100% planned so don’t worry!

2 Likes

Big kudos to all of the editors working on them!!! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Thanks Moots!

1 Like

What about Tokyo Narita to be 3D?

3 Likes

Tokyo Narita is definitely a planned airport for us! It’s Japan’s 2nd largest airport so it will take some time but rest assured it’s coming!

8 Likes

thank you! I thank you for your work

1 Like

So glad to hear we’re getting more Japanese airports, I would love to help as soon as I get accepted into IFAET

1 Like

Thanks for great work! I need RJCC with 3D… I hope it’ll be added.

2 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOO YEAH BABY

Nagoya finally 3D??? It’s a dream come true!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to fly some FedEx there!

1 Like

I know that you are not allowed to request airports but I would love my home airport takamatsu to become 3d

And behind the mountains, the sun was rising, bringing light to the new day. The birds were singing, chirping a melody so sweet. As the world woke up, concrete rose from the ground. And Takamatsu was born.

12 Likes

Note: You may need to turn up your brightness a bit to see the sign

Interesting, presumably would be romanization rather than 高松, English being the international standard for aviation? Love airport work in Japan!

Maybe easier to read from altitude too…

4 Likes

I have a lot of takamatsu photos so if you need some. It was my home 7 years ago

2 Likes

Sadly I have to remove it anyway because white text isnt allowed lol. Oh well, nice speaking to you Takamatsu

3 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t know about the text. On the bright side, a couple days ago my wife and I were trying to remember an important event from years past. Memory could not budge until I saw your Takamatsu printing. Now I got it! Totally random, but thanks!! It was related to Takamatsu. (IF helps you recall important stuff!:)

1 Like