Project Oregon

Credit: pixels.cc

I present you Oregon. The home of Nike, the home of Columbia Sportswear, home of Alaska Airlines Horizon, and the home of constant rain throughout the year.

One day, @Czechoslovaki was looking on FR24 and he zoomed in on an small airport in Oregon. He then thought, is that airport edited? (not) surprisingly, it wasn’t. He would later find tens of unedited airports in the state, which is why @Czechoslovaki has chosen to begin this project: to restore the aviation pride in Oregon.

Airports and their status

Airport Status
KPDX Currently up to date but messy
KSLE Ready for next update
KHIO Complete, processing through reviews
KEUG Full rework required
KMMV Ready for next update
KMFR Ready for next update
3S8 Full rework required
KRBG In progress by @Acaviation4138
KUAO In progress by @Oskapew

They are also too many more airports in need of a rework so I won’t name them here to save space, but I’ll list the ones being worked on.

Below is the map of edited airports (colored) and unedited airports (gray).

Disclaimer: Some airports on the map do not actually exist in real life. Please check beforehand if the airport is still in service!
Let’s get to work!

26 Likes

Wow that’s so cool! Keep up the good work👍🏽👍🏽

1 Like

Very interesting, will be flying there a lot when this is done :)

2 Likes

I really like to hear about such airport editing projects! Looking forward to see you progress!

2 Likes

Interesting!

I may pop in to edit a few!

1 Like

Awesome to see this happening! Oregon is a great area for some relaxing GA flying, something I enjoy doing to relax.

1 Like

Cool project! Might try to edit one of these after I finish my first airport (busy cuz of school lol)

1 Like

Nice project can’t wait to see the final product

1 Like

Great to see Oregon getting some love. Flown in/out of Rouge Valley irl, and in the sim multiple times and would love to see that airport get a rework.

Thanks @Czechoslovaki
-Moosehead :)

2 Likes

The status of KSLE

KSLE is at this time, the biggest airport I’m working on. 50+ hangars, 100+ future spawns, and many types of taxi lines that I previously never worked with. With school breathing on my neck, I’m chipping away remaining progress whenever I’m able to. I think I’m on day 3 of completing the taxi lines, but even so, I only managed to get less than half of them marked.

1 / 29 / 20

Screenshot (139)
Yeah.

1 / 31 / 20

It was unfortunate for me to find out many of the taxi lines were equipped with the wrong line attribute, so I had to change many of them today. Nonetheless, all taxi lines (excluding Tie-Downs) and taxiways are complete.

3 Likes

Great Job helping Infinite Flight in your free time! 👏

1 Like

At last…

It is complete (I think).

Here is KSLE.

100+ Hangar spawns and 100+ Tie-Downs = 200+ spawns

Everything that is green is a spawn.

4 Likes

Our next airport:

KMFR

Is currently being reworked by me.

Preview

4 Likes

Apologies for the large absence, I’ve been real busy lately.

KMMV has finished its rework process. Expect the airport to be in the next airport update 🎉

Finally! We needed some attention.

1 Like
With Rogue Valley sent off for official review, it was time to take on another major airport.

Later, I realized this airport had plenty of nasty small curves that were difficult but possible to draw.

Any guess to what this airport is?

2 Likes

Is Eugene being worked on?

Not at the moment.

I’ll try working on it after HEMA (current) then, I just started so don’t except a quick job through

Eugene is a pretty large airport…