Project Midwest

hoping to see Iowa’s capitol airport in there some day! KDSM has a ton of routes to ORD, can’t wait to fly those from my home airport!

1 Like

Correct @A10f4ang

Mm I’ve been thinking about really contributing to this project when/if I get in.

I didn’t want to break his bubble and tell him the bad news about Fort Wayne. Glad you used graphics it will ease the pain…lol

Will Rodgers is where you catch your flight if you are doing time. “Con Air” (nick name) base is there.
Its modeled well in 3D too ! Catch the red eye to Qitmo !

Here’s some WIP shots of my current airport Delaware Municipal (KDLZ)! It’s in the finishing stages as it’s currently in official review. Loved putting a lot of detail into this airport!

12 Likes

Yeah and I expected to see STL airport having 3D buildings. Like I was hoping that if I get accepted to the Editor application, I would work on KSTL. But then excited me when I saw KSTL was getting 3D buildings after 22.5 was released

1 Like

Ok, Minneapolis is getting 3D buildings and it is currently being worked on at the moment. Hopefully, this would be released on 22.6 along with the reworked FA-18 and E175 and I may assume that Delta E175 fly to Minneapolis airport or maybe not.

Although I’m very busy, I will try to get Minneapolis done quickly, whether or not that’s in the 22.6 update or shipped with the ejet update. And yes, MSP has tons of routes served on the e-175. Here’s an e175 flight I was was on departing Minneapolis.

12 Likes

They are now 😉

2 Likes

Hello IFC, here is some exciting news about Project Midwest!

Detroit

Detroit (KDTW) is starting to be worked on by @Sami_Fajita_Air! We are very excited and appreciate you for working on this airport. Please know that this will take a while, considering DTW’s size, so be patient.

Omaha

Omaha (KOMA) is now finished and marked as ready for release!

Rochester

Rochester International (KRST) is starting to be worked on by myself! It has quite a few regional routes in the Midwest, and it’ll be a great addition to airports like ORD, MSP, and DTW when they eventually get added!

Delaware Municipal

Delaware Municipal (KDLZ) is currently in the review stage. Pretty soon, it’ll be ready for release! A nice GA airport I’m looking forward to bringing to you all.

I hope you’re all happy about these new updates! I know I’m excited to bring the Midwest to life, and I appreciate everyone a bunch that is willing to participate in this project.

12 Likes

YAY! Let’s Go! @Michigan_Aviation

8 Likes

Bro it’s finally happening! DTW IS BEING WORKED ON!!! Yesssssssssssss

7 Likes

Great to see Omaha will be coming in game soon.
I hope in the future we get to see Kcle worked on, certainly if Detroit is getting worked on lol.

1 Like

MY HOME DTW IS FINALLY GETTING WORK!!! I’m so excited

1 Like

Same here! I am excited!

2 Likes

I worked for a few hours today on KDTW. Here is a very early design for concourse D. Please note, this is one day of work, everything seen is subject to (and almost certainly will) change

18 Likes

Wow for an early design, I’d say it looks pretty great lol

4 Likes

The entire concourse may or may not be floating 3m off the ground 😂

1 Like

That is a minor issue

1 Like