Project metal

hi! It’s been a long time since IF started this project, so I want to know how the project is progressing! Features currently under long-term development, etc.

2 Likes

I’ll link my previous response:

Tbh I’m dying for the release of the graphic update and that’s why I search and compile things mentioned by staff. It should be “imminent” (by staff) but we’ll still have to wait. Hopefully we can have a preview soon that wows all of us!
I have a feeling this would be one of, if not the most phenomenal update since global.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply. Honestly, I think it’s time for a graphics update!

1 Like

If also like to mention along side what @FlightGT said. Project Metal is more than one update. You won’t see it all at once instead in pieces. A lot of it also happens within the code base to prepare the app for more complicated tasks and rendering. The new graphics engine will be one of the next updates visible to the public.

Current Project Metals additions include: 3D Airports, Basic Clouds, Taxiway Lighting.

6 Likes

When Are the clouds Coming only question!

1 Like

When the new engine arrives I assume. It’ll probably arrive in like 3-5 months

2 Likes

My guess is early to mid 2025

From where Are you know that ?

Most likely update 25.1

1 Like

Im just guessing but I could be totally off by a whole year

That as well, if it’s not as finished as i expected

2 Likes

Did the project metal update the scenery?
Like add city or other stuff?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.