Project Metal

Thank you guys for providing the information to us users! It is very cool to know that you are dealing with the problems and requests mentioned on the forum! Good Luck and keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

I don’t know you but I read airport lights 🤭

8 Likes

Sounds like a big undertaking! It’s great to see that, unlike many app devs, IF is staying on top of their program and making sure that it’s up to date with the latest technology. This will probably take a while, but it will definitely be worth it in order to stay competitive in a quickly progressing market. Good luck guys!

10 Likes

Very nice!

Good luck team, looking forward to developments as the year progresses.

1 Like

This interesting blog post shows the important background work required to get those IF features which will take IF to a whole different level.

Patience is the key here as this background work won’t show up itself for (most of) us. Looking forward to see what will be possible!

Thanks for all your work and the post!

1 Like

Really cool! Any timeline or basic estimation as to when new drastic features will be able to be implemented?

2 Likes

Fantastic article.

This is an important line for anyone that keeps moaning about whatever feature they want that isn’t being released/worked on as fast as they desire…

‘This is a pretty complex task that requires a lot of engineering time and won’t result in any immediate visual benefit to the end-user.’

5 Likes

Not at the moment. Watch for the #blog and #announcements though for new updates and developments!

2 Likes

Its very encouraging to see the team move at pace with technology. Hopefully in the near-future, the intensive features e.g airport lighting would become a reality.

1 Like

You’re right they might as well just shut down the #features tab at this point

2 Likes

Knock on wood ;) that this works and Infinite Flight becomes better. This opens plenty of doors!

Very interesting read!

2 Likes

Here’s what I read:

Blah blah blah, code API Windows, Clouds

Basically, from what I gathered, the future looks bright for Infinite Flight!

It’s true because it rhymes

9 Likes

Sorry @Kiz the server error for some reason tagged you in my comment

1 Like

I don’t think it’s just Apple. Industry wide the appetite for more powerful devices is increasing. An S3 or iPhone 5s can’t be compared to an iPhone XR or the Samsung S9, technology moves!

Ps: No problem in regards to the earlier post 😉

2 Likes

Will this have any noticeable improvement in performance? Just curious if the new format is more streamlined, or efficient or anything. Sorry if that’s a stupid question this isn’t really my area of expertise… 😂

1 Like

Wow! This is a great change. Nice to see the IF devs updating their codebase as stuff gets deprecated lol. This will be great!

So u guys are rewritting the game?

1 Like

An IF that looks more beautiful? Would Love to see that!

2 Likes

From the article:

If all goes well, you won’t notice anything! The main benefit will be performance; Metal and Vulkan are much more “low-level” than OpenGL ES, meaning they have less processing overhead and are more predictable. This should result in us seeing better frame rates and fewer “stutters” overall. Another benefit will be that it will unlock many possibilities for our developers to implement some cool new features.

7 Likes

Sounds like a fantastic development roadmap, looking forward to being part of this new evolution of IF!

1 Like