Project Metal

Blog

We’re embarking on a mission to update some of the core codebase that makes up our app; something we’re calling, Project Metal. Infinite Flight is standing the test of time, and we will continue to build on it and improve. To do this, sometimes it’s necessary to say, ‘out with the old’. This is what we’re doing now, and here’s why.

Continue to the full article →

309 Likes

Really nice ! Thanks to IF Team for the hard work!

11 Likes

Wow that was an interesting read! this is pretty exciting Guys!

4 Likes

It’s not a forgery at least.

39 Likes

I tried to understand something of the coding in the picture and I don‘t understand a single word…

17 Likes

Wow, very cool. Good luck team!

4 Likes

Certainly opens the door for those possibilities. Exciting times. I have a feeling this is going to be an amazing year for development.

29 Likes

Haha. Might have to steel your comment 😂. Thanks for the update IF!

7 Likes

Amazing skill required for this. Glad I’m the on the receiving end of this work, and not doing the work…

Just thinking about all of the time and effort it is going to take to re-code every aspect of IF gives me a major headache. Not to mention all of the possible bugs hidden in the hundreds of thousands of lines of code.

I have a question if any developers read this: Are you guys already fluent in Metal, or do you have to learn the language before you start?

Thanks, and best of luck guys!

14 Likes

This sounds exciting! I hope it does go unnoticed by the average user, and that it will shape how the future of IF is programmed!

2 Likes

Wow that’s cool!

2 Likes

Wow 😳 Tho I hardly understand it, I can tell it’s gonna be a hard work. Good job, IF devs!

6 Likes

Thank you guys for providing the information to us users! It is very cool to know that you are dealing with the problems and requests mentioned on the forum! Good Luck and keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

I don’t know you but I read airport lights 🤭

8 Likes

Sounds like a big undertaking! It’s great to see that, unlike many app devs, IF is staying on top of their program and making sure that it’s up to date with the latest technology. This will probably take a while, but it will definitely be worth it in order to stay competitive in a quickly progressing market. Good luck guys!

9 Likes

Very nice!

Good luck team, looking forward to developments as the year progresses.

1 Like

This interesting blog post shows the important background work required to get those IF features which will take IF to a whole different level.

Patience is the key here as this background work won’t show up itself for (most of) us. Looking forward to see what will be possible!

Thanks for all your work and the post!

1 Like

Really cool! Any timeline or basic estimation as to when new drastic features will be able to be implemented?

2 Likes

Fantastic article.

This is an important line for anyone that keeps moaning about whatever feature they want that isn’t being released/worked on as fast as they desire…

‘This is a pretty complex task that requires a lot of engineering time and won’t result in any immediate visual benefit to the end-user.’

5 Likes

Not at the moment. Watch for the #blog and #announcements though for new updates and developments!

2 Likes