Project India

Good to hear,can’t wait! :-)

2 Likes

Idk if people are aware, Agatti airport is 3D. Released in 24.2. My first airport since I joined IFAET, have a look!!

7 Likes

I heard few of your editing staff are not interested in doing the work why don’t you remove them and recruit people who are interested to do it. So people from other regions can have there favourite airports in 3D other than giving priority to Europe and USA which is clearly seen.

2 Likes

The IFAET does not have a set activity requirement. Editors will edit in their free time which can be restricted is some periods of the year.

Rest assured, editors who have not claimed any airport, or not made any progress in more than a year are removed.

In that case we will add new people.

4 Likes

This isn’t 100% true. We do have people interested in editing airports in underrated regions, and every day I see people doing them at a growing pace, which compensates for the existing airports in North America and Europe.

3 Likes

But if you see how many airports in Asian continent have 3D compared to USA and UK alone. You can clearly see the difference

2 Likes

There are more factors that play a role here: resources (charts, imagery and other references), time to edit, review process. Editors would want to have enough time and resources to edit airports comfortably, but they vary from airport to airport. Some areas are just a challenge because of one or all of those factors.

We don’t force people to edit specific areas, but I can tell you behind the scenes, I’ve seen people being more interested in editing airports in underrated regions. Have a look at this map, showing all 3D airports available as of the latest update. Hopefully in the future updates, you’ll see more 3D airports in underrated regions.

We don’t have activity requirements, but we can still consider looking at who has been inactive lately, and remove them.

We always see people interested in joining the team to edit underrated regions. Once we restart admitting people, I hope to see more of these airports being done. But again, consider that there are factors that can prevent them for being done at the pace one would want.

5 Likes

Have you seen India, Russia, Australia regions 😂 thanks for the update anyways

4 Likes

You’d be surprised by the efforts to cover these and other countries… ;)

3 Likes

I see a lot. Lot’s of people editing for this regions. We are getting at least 5 airports from this regions.

1 Like

I’ll see how many airports come up in those regions in the next update 😂

1 Like

Hello everybody!

I have been away from Infinite Flight for quite some time now due to, well, life.
I am now back to Infinite Flight and am looking to actively contribute to the airport editing scene once again. I am grateful to all the editors who have contributed to the project, the community truly appreciates your effort!
Anyway, here’s the updated list of airports being worked on as of now.

Updated list of airports being worked on:

ICAO Editor Status
VA1M @MJMN In review
VAKS @MJMN In review
VOMY @Captain_Dreamliner WIP
VEMR @ABSTERGO WIP
VEBN @Pritish_Dewan WIP
VOBL @Monty WIP
VOCI @Monty WIP
VOTV @Monty WIP
VOMM @hari.shreyas WIP
VOHS @ZuhairM WIP
VIDP (Multiple editors) WIP

If you’re working on an Indian airport not mentioned in the list, kindly DM me on discord or IFC

Updates will be posted regularly. Thanks for being patient!

10 Likes

As Bruno said, we’re all putting in effort and are working, slowly but surely. I know everybody is waiting for airports like VIDP and VOBL but they are not very easy to edit. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day :)
Kindly be patient and keep yourself updated through this thread.

4 Likes

Keep the good work up and running team. Hope to see more airports from this region in upcoming updates.

4 Likes

for real! keep the patience all, good work takes time and editors in Project India will try our best to give out the best work!!

2 Likes

Just a quick question. I’ve been playing infinite flight for many years. And I’ve always wanted to contribute because I hope this to be the best flight simulator on mobile one day. So, I’m interested in airport editing. Does anyone know if there are any requirements for doing so? If so is required to do or know about airport editing? If someone can explain that would be great. Because I would be new to it, I would need to learn first. Thank you for all of the editors’ efforts, especially for Project India. I can’t wait for some of the next 3D airports.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Just applied. If they do accept me what are the next steps?

1 Like

Applied to become an Airport Editor….let’s hope something works out. I wanted to do VOBL more accurately. But @Monty is already doing a fabulous job. If accepted I’ll work on more airports starting in Southern India and then others

4 Likes

You’ll be informed when you join the server. There’s quite a lot to learn and do.

3 Likes