Project Greece

Yeah, most of the airports are military so the google imagery is blurred out. Usually I use other sources for these kind of airports.

Yes that’s really unfortunate. At the most airports you‘re not allowed to make photos. However, most of the tourists don’t follow this rule.

Let’s talk about Skiathos though. The airport has only a few parking positions. The airport is fully blurred out on the most sources but why did the editor of the airport implement only two of all positions. There are enough photos and websites which show the full apron. Parking is nearly impossible at the missing positions. Please add the parking positions.

Here’s an apron picture which shows the existing positions

Bild

With Flightradar24 you can see the whole airport in high detail quality.

Bild

And here’s InfiniteFlight.

Bild

Oh and I almost forgot. The apron colour can’t be correct at this point. It’s almost the same colour at the whole apron. There are multiple airport aprons which are darker and still have the more light colour.

Bild

Bild

@Georgios_P I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, no geoaccurate imagery sources show the full apron. The one that shows, Google, is fully blurred.

The editor used ESRI imagery, which is like this:

Identical to IF. No parking positions in the asphalt area:

The only other source which doesn’t contain blurred imagery is Bing, but the imagery there is even worse, because it’s older:

I understand your frustration, but there is nothing we can do about it. We don’t use images that aren’t geoaccurate, and they have to be fully vertical as well.

If you can give me the source used by Flightradar24, I can show it to the editors and we might do something.
Remember that we don’t take requests and it’s our decision what to edit, but I’m sure someone will do it.

Thank you for pointing that out. However, it’s obvious that this photo is very old as well. Why can’t FR24 be used? It’s a full vertical photo.

1 Like

I mean, I can do it as well. However it would be faster if a member would do it as I never edited before.

1 Like

There are 2 main reasons: We ALWAYS use geoaccurate images, with rare exceptions for Google Earth Pro, but overlapping it is less of an issue. But the main one is the problem which kills direct Flightradar. We can’t download Z21 imagery in it. Z21 is the layer number we use. Accurate imagery sources always allow it, as we can take large zoomed images even when they don’t show on screen, but when you are making a direct image using screenshots, it would take many to get the full area, and overlapping would be a pain. That’s the reason we don’t allow it.

I can understand that. With FR24 it’s possible to zoom in so you can have the full apron on two screenshots where you can see all important details to edit. I now know the reason for the missing ground textures but it’s really hard to accept. Also because it’s a really popular island airport and everyone knows there are missing lines on the ground.

1 Like

I understand your frustration. However, we don’t allow Flightradar24. I can ask the supervisors if we can make an exception for it, but I really doubt it will be allowed.

It’s another story if you inform us the source Flightradar uses.

Flightradar also shows blurred for me. It is something about the local account possibly.

1 Like

I already spoke to a supervisor about this situation, the response was that’s better to wait for an official source to be published.

I‘m currently talking to a supervisor as well. I hope we can do something about it even faster. Thanks for the support and kind discussion! @GBKarp @Davide_DC

2 Likes

LGSK Skiathos Greece

hope to met everybodys expectations:

9 Likes

Unfortunately you didn’t. You’ve clearly outdone them. 🥂

1 Like

Looks awesome!

1 Like

That looks fantastic, very well done! Thank you!
———
The entire project looks very well as well, so big thanks to everyone else involved as well!

2 Likes

New airports complete

LGSK

LGTL

LGAG

LGRD

New issue created

• LGKN

With this wave of airports the Project is around 70% completed. We did 22 airports out of 31, 9 more to go!

4 Likes

Fantastic work everyone, the airports look fantastic!

1 Like

New airports accepted

LG55

LGKN

New issue created

• LGKA

Project Greece is flying!! 🇬🇷

2 Likes