Project China

Project China

Credit: @Korgast

Today, @Korgast and I are proud to announce the start of Project China! The ultimate goal is to make most of the airports in China 3D (Some cannot be done due to various reasons). Airports with outdated layouts will also receive updates in the future. We will make sure that our productions represent real life as precisely as possible.

The general goal is to have 1 major airport and 2-3 small to medium airports done every release cycle. However it’s not guaranteed that they all make their way to the next release.

We will not take requests at this time but will try to cater for community needs.

Current airports worked by us:

ICAO Name Editor Status
ZLDH Dunhuang Mogao @Korgast Released in 22.3
ZGSZ Shenzhen Bao’an Intl @Korgast Released in 22.5
ZUDC Daocheng Yading @Korgast Released in 22.5
ZSSS Shanghai Hongqiao Intl @Korgast Ready for release
ZUZH Panzhihua Baoanying @FlightGT Ready for release
ZBUC Ulanqab Jining @FlightGT Ready for release
ZJHK Haikou Meilan Intl @FlightGT Ready for release [2D]
ZSQD Qingdao Jiaodong Intl @FlightGT WIP
ZSCN Nanchang Changbei Intl @black Ready for release
ZSLG Lianyungang Huaguoshan @FlightGT Ready for release
ZSJD Jingdezhen Luojia @zhutwentysix WIP
ZGDY Zhangjiajie Hehua @black WIP

Other editors, we sincerely welcome you to this project! If you are willing to share your work of a Chinese airport, feel free to post below and I’ll add it to the list!

67 Likes

I’m excited to see what you guys cook up. Looking forward to more airports in china.

5 Likes

This is so nice !! Thanks to everyone working on this project !

4 Likes

I’m very excited to fly out of them!

1 Like

When i will become IFAET, I’ll definitely help out with you guys! Excited for Shenzhen to be released!

2 Likes

Looking forward for these 3D airports. They are very good destinations for in country flights.

Astonishing work! Thanks!

Taipei would be suited for Project Taiwan. Requests are not allowed so not that useful…

just a comment, but ok! 😅

We’re intentionally avoiding doing airports in Taiwan island, as we could face a dilemma when defining the country it belongs to.
Sorry about that.

alright, thanks for clarifying. i guess i’ll just make one myself when i get in!

I have to say, you two are doing a great job! I can’t wait to see more 3D Airports! NE!!!

7 Likes

Nice job! Looking forward to providing a hand if I am recruited!

1 Like

Latest WIP: Qingdao Jiaodong Int’l (ZSQD) !

29 Likes

Woooooah Daocheng Yading is 3D!!! Can’t wait to fly into it :)

3 Likes

ZGGG please!

2 Likes

Looks nice hopefully we can get Beijing Daxing soon 🔜

Hopefully Guangzhou (ZGGG) is up here soon!

1 Like

ZSSS!lets goooooooo

2 Likes

Nice work!