Project Belgium

Let's build Belgium

Quick introduction to Belgium
Belgium, a country in Western Europe, is known for medieval towns, Renaissance architecture and as headquarters of the European Union and NATO. The country has distinctive regions including Dutch-speaking Flanders to the north, French-speaking Wallonia to the south and a German-speaking community to the east. The bilingual capital, Brussels, has ornate guildhalls at Grand-Place and elegant art-nouveau buildings.

Passenger/Cargo Airports

Belgium has five airports that transport passengers. Of these five airports, Brussels-Zaventem Airport (EBBR) is the largest.

Here is the list:

Airport ICAO Editor Status
Brussels-National EBBR @NJ24 & @Teized Rework In-Progress
Brussels South Charleroi Airport EBCI @Teized Ready for Release
Antwerp International Airport EBAW @T1MMY4L1F3_YT In progress

*Only released, ready for release and in-progress airports are indicated above.

Aerodromes

Belgium counts 30 active aerodromes on its territory.

Here is the list:

Airport ICAO Editor Status
Baisy-Thy EBBY @Baba Released
Büllingen EBBN @Shane Released
Saint-Ghislain EBSG @T1MMY4L1F3_YT Released
Grimbergen EBGB @T1MMY4L1F3_YT Released
Amougies EBAM @Baba In Progress

*Only released, ready for release and in-progress airports are indicated above.

Airport Requests

Please note that in this thread, we do not accept request for specific airports. If you would like to contribute to this project, you can apply to IFAET.

Notes

• The 16 Belgian military airports have not been added to this thread because none have been started by an editor or the editor does not want to share it at the moment.

• You are welcome to post your airport WIPs (in Belgium obviously) below.

• We do not have estimated release dates for airports in “Ready for Release” or “In Progress”.

• This thread will be updated regularly, last update: 4 February 2023.

Thanks to the editors and to you for your attention!

27 Likes

Amazing thread Congrats!

5 Likes

Wow amazing. Can’t wait to see those airports soon!

3 Likes

Wonderful thread! Great job. Good luck :)

3 Likes

🔔 | WIP of Brussels South Charleroi Airport (EBCI)

The Main Terminal and Terminal 2 are in 3D, they still need some detail but the main shapes are there.

14 Likes

Already looking very good! Great work so far.

Glad to be a part of this as well. I’ll be sure to post some WIP shots of Antwerp at some point.

2 Likes

🔔 Some news!

It’s been a long time! Here is some news about the Project Belgium:

Main terminal is finished

The main terminal of Brussels South Charleroi Airport (EBCI) is finished.

Brussels is being reworked

Brussels National (EBBR) is being reworked and here is a small WIP:

All photos were taken by me.

16 Likes

I’m exited for some more wip pictures of my home airport😍amazing work!

3 Likes

Thanks! Stay tuned 👀

3 Likes

Evening great work on Charleroi already. Would appreciate some work on the SABCA Plant (if possible) plant there and parking for F-16’s. As GAF-EAF virtual 10th Tactical Wing at Kleine Brogel, often use the facility for simulated depth maintenance, of are jets.

Cheers Pete
Commander EAF

3 Likes

Noted! I will finish EBCI very soon and try to bring as many details as possible for your missions :)

3 Likes

Cant wait to see Antwerp!

2 Likes

🔔 Some news about Brussels

WIP of the Pier 2

This is the first look of Pier B.

New tower

Here is the new customized tower at Brussels Airport, with the Skeyes headquarters.

Extra Photo

18 Likes

I sort of promised to post my progress on Antwerp here, but I kind of lost motivation.

However, I’ve begun working on Antwerp again, so I’ll share a few images.

The North General Aviation apron is practically finished. There are only a few finishing touches that I need to do.

Note: Nothing here is final of course. There are definitely some facades that need to be changed, among other things.

@Teized Grimbergen Aerodrome’s status is released now.

11 Likes

Any progress on Antwerp ?

1 Like

I haven’t had much time or motivation as of late unfortunately. I think I will try to get some stuff done the coming week as I’m free from school then, but I can’t promise anything.

2 Likes

No worries ! Please take you time & do as much as your willing 😆

1 Like

Long time no speak but I have started the work on EBAM again, I am gonna do my best to finish it soon.

4 Likes

any updates on ebbr? , the recently new huge hangar is completed. And ofc ebbr is now very outdated as well.

Unfortunately I haven’t made any progress since the last WIP, but I have recently finished EBCI, which is now in OR.

5 Likes