Profile picture rules ( I did not mean for this to be political and I am terribly sorry)

Are there any rules or regulations? Where can I find em

1 Like

Common sense😂

Don’t think there are any rules about that off the top of my head don’t quote me on that though

3 Likes

Great answer

1 Like

Specifically from the community guidelines:

Always Be Civil

Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:

• Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
  • Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
  • Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
  • Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.

These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.

This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.

TL;DR: Be civil, keep it clean, respect each other, and respect our forum. Just make sure it’s appropriate, that’s all.

5 Likes

Anything against political stuff?

I don’t think there is an explicit rule prohibiting it, but political imagery can be very polarizing, and often ends in some form of disagreement or conflict.
I’d just recommend that you take a moment to think about what message you want to display, and whether you truly feel the need to.
But in short, I’d generally recommend against using political messages on anything that isn’t related to politics, especially something like the IFC which for the most part is a nice break from the highly politicized real world…just my 5¢

4 Likes

I have had several political profile pics, including my current one. The only problems I’ve had are random people that disagree with me.

1 Like

I don’t think…um…shooting a gun is an appropriate profile picture regardless of political opinion

12 Likes

merica we do merica things

10 Likes

Ah but it depends who you’re shooting at.

I side with @Captian_Christian

2 Likes

Nice, to see a American participating in his 2nd amendment rights.
I don’t think there are any rule, but I love a political profile pic.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with his profile pic and nothing wrong with shooting a gun

2 Likes

Right. That’s one of our most important amendments.

Now, back on topic or we’ll get busted by the mods.😁

3 Likes

Good argument settled. I shall revert to my original profile picture.

1 Like

i had a pfp one with rick astley being 007 holding a gun but shortly changed it

1 Like

While political profile pictures are allowed on the Infinite Flight forums, I still think its important for people to have a second thought about what their goals are by using one and the fact that some people are more than willing to message you about it. You aren’t really making a big difference in the world by attempting to promote your political opinions, left or right, on a forum that’s at its core a bunch of teens talking about aviation. Maybe if you really want to make change, go outside and caucus for a candidate or something instead of promoting it to a bunch of people who not only don’t care, but most likely like to have Infinite Flight as a place where they can escape from the real world and spend time with people who have the same interest of aviation as them while at the same time being able to let go of some real world pressures.

20 Likes

I am a political activist. I am part of several political organizations. I’m already doing that. If I want to represent my political views, I can. I’m not doing it to change people’s minds. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in politics is that changing people’s minds is nearly impossible. I just want to rep my beliefs.

2 Likes

There are many places to represent your beliefs, like you said you can be part of certain political organizations and do things like that. However, the IFC is not a place for you, or anyone else, to discuss these things. There have been incidences in the past, and if there’s anything people have learned from it, it’s that political views, religious views, and similar things do not have a place here. Feel free to represent your views elsewhere, not on an aviation forum…

5 Likes

I only represent my views in my profile. Nowhere else.

2 Likes

That still means you’re bringing politics into the IFC… lol.

9 Likes