Problem with YMML

Hi. I have found that YMML airport every gate can allow all aircraft types!!

Is it normal?

2 Likes

I would think so as Qantas operated A380s out of there i think

2 Likes

They do ONLY CHINA SOUTHERN AND EMIRATES

2 Likes

This is totally normal. Multiple airlines have flown A380’s out of Melbourne.

1 Like

I don’t actually think this is normal… you shouldn’t be able to spawn an A380 in the Southeastern maintenance ramps. Try giving your app a restart, and if that doesn’t work, try restarting your device. Let me know if that works.

2 Likes

I don’t think those are GA ramps

Sorry, they’re maintenance facilities. It appears to be the same for me; I can spawn a 77F at every gate. I’m going to pull up some sizing charts to see if this is intentional.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem right, many of the gates there are for regional aircraft. I’m going to see if this can be brought up to the editing team to see if this is something that can be fixed. 🙂

Image credit: Airservices Australia 2019

3 Likes

Really not clear😅

The problem here is likely due to the fact that gates at YMML only have 1300 tags, which contain the main info about it such as location, heading and name, but they lack the companion 1301 metadata tag, which, among other things, contains the ICAO size for every startup position, so Infinite Flight is either using the weird X-Plane types (“heavy", ”jets”, “turboprops”, “props”, “helos” or “all”) or setting to some default size, which it seems to be doing here by allowing the maximum aircraft size

Here’s a comparison for better understanding:
YMML - no 1301 tags, no size restrictions

KLAX - 1301 tag for every gate, thus it has proper size restrictions, where the letter after 1301 is the ICAO size code (more about them here)

6 Likes

@Fung_Sum-sum could you know what selected server you have set for the ramps? please

1 Like

Training server

Turns out the airport was exported into the repo with the wrong export target. I have re-exported it with the correct settings and now the size restrictions are showing up.

7 Likes

Hope it can be fixed soon… Also, thanks for your help!!!