Private Jets Galore | Spotting @KASE 3/7/20 PART 2

Hello!
I am back with part 2 from my recent spotting session at the Aspen Airport! If you haven’t seen part 1,
I recommend you check it out! ;-)

Since I don’t have much else to say, other than enjoy, here are the rest of the photos!

Embraer Legacy 500 (N215BV) to Salt Lake City:

Beechcraft Twin Bonanza (N824GF) departs as a flight of two with N773AG:

See PT1 for N824GF

Learjet 75 (N63WG) to Lincoln, NE:

Embraer Phenom 300 from NetJets (N417QS) to Laredo, TX:

Embraer Legacy 450 from FlexJet (N429FX) to Austin:

Bombardier Global 6000 (N667JD) lifts off of runway 33:

King Air 350 (N616MR) to Mc Allen, TX:

Piaggio P.180 Avanti (N395LC) to Denver:

Commercial Aircraft:

Delta Airlines flight 3613 to Salt Lake City:

United Airlines flight 5951 to Denver:

Other Spotting Topics

Private Jets Galore | Spotting @KASE 3/7/20 PART 1
On the Hillside | Spotting @KEGE 2/29/20
A Day at Sky Harbor | Spotting @KPHX 2/13/20
Busy Winter Day | Spotting @KEGE 12/21/19
Spotting @KGWS 10/19/19 EAA Rally

Be sure to check out my Instagram! You can view more photos taken by me here: 👇

Thank you for viewing my photos. If you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions, I would love to hear them! Also, comment your favorite below.

30 Likes

Amazing photos! I wish I could fly anyone of these!

1 Like

Great photos! You are very skilled!

There is only 1 thing missing…

BIRB

1 Like

Thank you! I purposely didn’t include a birb in this post but I will find one and put it in the comments. ;-)

Here’s a random birb from Boston

2 Likes

@Robertine @Alaska096 have I successfully added a BIRB to your collection via @Wattsup_jet ?

Thank you 🙃

3 Likes

Oh I also forgot to mention that I use a canon rebel t6 with a 75-300mm lens if anyone was wondering.

WoW, incredible!

2 Likes

Those photos are really nice!

1 Like

@Wattsup_jet… What’s the draw at KASE, High Altitude, low temp, Hotels,Resorts,Homes? Always consider Aspin as an Elite destination, is it now a “Bolt Hole”?

Max

2 Likes

Great pictures! Really well made post, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@Maxmustang The draw to ASE is definitely the ski resorts and the combined billions of dollars of real estate which makes for a very busy airport! I would say it is a “Bolt Hole” but only for people with a lot of money! Thanks for your comment.

Also, thank you @Yqb.spotter, @MJP_27, and @JulianB!

3 Likes

@Wattsup_jet If you ask me it’s kind of a shame that the only plane that flies (commercially) into Aspen is the CRJ-700. We I’m a down valley person but I live/go to school/snowboard in that area so I’ll lump myself into that mix don’t even get the CRJ-200 or CRJ-900.

The private jets though are 👌. You should see the amount of overflow we get at KRIL during the Aspen/Eagle busy season.

That birb looks like the one I just saw here in Phoenix.

1 Like

Yeah, I wish ASE got more unique commercial traffic but with the size restrictions it’s really hard. Since the CRJs are supposed to be retired at some point in the near future, the airport will have to expand to accommodate different aircraft. But who knows when that will happen or if it will happen.

I used to hang out at RIL for hours a day starting when I was like three. I know a lot of the crew working there!

The delta one is my favourite!

1 Like

Well I am glad you like it!

1 Like

I heard the might plan on building a new airport. The other alternatives though could be ASE becoming Private only like RIL currently is and the commercial traffic going to EGE. The other option could be RIL going commercial (doubt it) with a slight expansion. This would probably put GJT out of commercial business if RIL took ASE’s place.

Same! Do you remember the DC-3 that was parked there for like 5 years called Lady Lou?

1 Like

I’ve talked with the airport staff and they do not plan on going commercial. The most I would see airport handle if they did go commercial would be Denver Air Connection flights to DEN or APA.

I don’t remember the DC3 but I do remember a B24 or B29 that was there, I’m pretty sure that after the Rifle Air Show. It departed at night and I was allowed to go onto the taxiway with my buddy who works there and we watched it leave. By the way, I wish they would bring that air show back! It was so much fun and I have a lot of great memories from those shows.

EDIT: It was a B24

Same. Now I have to drive all the way to GJT to see one 😠.

1 Like