Private Jet Parking

Say a private jet flew into an international airport, where would it park?

At KTPA, we get private jets quite often, but there’s another airport called The International Jet Center, that separate from the Tampa International (they share KTPA as the ICAO code)

But what if one flew into say EGLL, or KLAX, where would it park?

2 Likes

At KLAX just beyond Tom Bradley that is where all the private jets park not in the cargo area or in the hangar area either though. I can get a screenshot if you need it?

2 Likes

That might be helpful, are they listed in IF?

Yeah they are let me see what the gate numbers are

1 Like

All of terminal west is for private jets

1 Like

I just recon you park at a GA ramp.

2 Likes

Majority of private jets irl park at FBO’s such as Atlantic, Signature. If you see any of those names, you’ll be parking there. Of course there’s many other FBO’s but the main 2 I know are what I listed.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing, wasn’t sure if it was correct or not

1 Like

Now what if they don’t exist at the airport I’m flying too?

Best thing to do would be to do a Google search on what type of parking the airport has. Most likely they’ll list parking and FBO facilities on the airport. Then just choose which one you want to go to. I recommend you have a chart open of the airport also.

2 Likes

For sure. If you have seen the Trump 757 documentary, the chief pilot had a tough job doing that…

1 Like

My nearest international (KMCH) accepts private flights, but mostly it will be KOSU that takes private flights. Really they’re only about 20-25 SM apart

1 Like

I’ve passed by many private jets at LAX before. I think @JRRaviation is correct. For KLAX specifically, I’ve seen gulfstream type aircraft and King Airs near the cargo ramp of FedEx; to the right I think. I’m away from home currently so I can’t check the exact name of the parking location but I’m pretty sure it’s the GA ramp.

2 Likes

Most private jets park at FBOs, which stand for fixed base operator. These FBOs offer multiple services, such as lobby, food, tug service, and fuel. For example, I have a “subscription” with Atlantic, meaning that whenever I go to an airport with Atlantic, I can park there and buy fuel from them.

EDIT:
My local airport, KSNA, has a couple of FBOs, and ForeFlight has an entire list of them and their fuel prices. Here’s an example:

2 Likes

They are south of 25L pretty much at middle between Korean Air Cargo and Nippion Cargo parking. Unfortunately, IF has only one parking slot there for business jet, see “GA Atlantic Aviation”.

Here is the bonus, business jet A340-500 parking north of hold line at 25R on bravo taxiway.

My picture

2 Likes

At EGLL there is a seperate VIP termial for private jets, however that is aimed more the Royal Family and visiitng heads of states. The issue at London Heathrow is the vailability of landing / takoff slots rather than terminal space which is why a lot of the Private jets use different airports. For example I live close by EGLF (Farnbourgh) where you can see plenty of private jets from Dassault Falcons and Gulfstreams up to BBJs and even the odd ACJ make an apperance.

only 40 miles from the centre of London with handy direct links by both rail and road.

2 Likes

If you were to fly into Heathrow, first off you can’t have a single engine aircraft as there is a rule (in case they lose the engine over central London, I assume) . However I live under the flightpath for LHR and never seen a private aircraft which has gone into there. They would most likely go to Luton, Stanstead or City.

1 Like

same rule on single engines for LCY as well Tom, multi only!

With the big airports is the slot availability more than anything else and with London there are plenty of airports close by which a smaller aircraft could fly intowith no issue and also more descetly than a big International.

2 Likes

Believe me I know- only said LCY because they have jet centre there :)

2 Likes

Generally they would park at the FBO but if there are none on the field they’d go to transient parking or whatever tie downs are available.

1 Like