Prison Airports?

In my search for an airport to work on for IFAET, I have stumbled upon alot of airports in the US that have prisons inside of them, could someone explain?

13 Likes

I don’t think that’s part of the airport. Can you give the icao for this airport?

1 Like

I believe this might be an airport used by the US Government. If Prisoners are in need of transport, they wait at airports like these, and then they fly onboard the US “Prisoner Airline”. Very Similar to Janet, except Prisoners.

This is all based off something I saw, so this might not be accurate.

11 Likes

JPATS or Joint Prisoner Air Transport System “ConAir” does have parking spots in OKC I believe

7 Likes

@RotorGuy i found a video on that i believe, been awhile since i watched it:)

13 Likes

There’s any airport in Arkansas that’s M19 that has a prison on final approach to the runway

1 Like

You mean The Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System

5 Likes

I mean, you woudnt have the movie con-air, if not for airports inside prisons.

1 Like

Theres more then just this, I’ll try find the others I found, but I might not be able to. It may be a part of JPATS.

I think they’re mostly transfer facilities, used to transfer prisoners around the US to their assigned prisons (I’m guessing they’d want to send the more dangerous prisoners to more secure prisons such as ADX Florence?)

I think I may have found a 'route ma’for JPATS?
Source

7 Likes

There’s a Prisoner Transport 767 at Love Field all the time.

2 Likes

JAPAT Only flies 736’s and Beachcrafts?

1 Like

Guess there’s more prisoner airlines, then.

1 Like

There aren’t.
Reason:

1. You can’t just go and create a prisoner airline, JPATS (Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System) is the US Government’s Prisoner Transfer Airline. They don’t make money off it. Think of it like a military Air Force, no country will have 2 different Air Forces.
  2. The prisoners that they are carrying are most likely very important, therefor the US Dept of Justice would not want a third-party airline transporting high value prisoners.
  3. Dallas Love Field doesn’t even have a prisoner transfer center?
2 Likes

Its callsign is JUSTICE. I see it at RDU sometimes as Raliegh houses deathrow.

3 Likes

intresting

1 Like

I’ve seen it before. It’s a private 767. I have personally witnessed prisoners boarding the aircraft.

1 Like

Are they prisoners, or is it a some sort of ICE deportation flight.
Swift and World Atlantic do those.

1 Like

Here’s info on the US Marshall’s JPATS

https://www.usmarshals.gov/jpats/

2 Likes

They were prisoners. They were brought in a prison bus.

1 Like

Police have an immigration detention centre on short final to rwy 19L at ENGM, Oslo airport-Norway.

4 Likes