Pride in the Sky

Pride in the Sky - Pride Month Liveries

Alaska Airlines's "Fly With Pride" livery on the now retired Airbus A320 at KSEA

June is Pride Month, which celebrates the LGBTQIA+ Community and raises awareness for the issues and discrimination they face. Many companies show their support in a variety of ways. For example, in the past, Infinite Flight has modified their logo to incorporate the colors of the Pride flag. Airlines often will paint an aircraft (either permanently or for the month) a specialized Pride livery. Below we’ll explore some of the most famous examples.

Pride liveries are a relatively new thing. Arguably one of the most well known is Lufthansa’s “Lovehansa,” painted on D-AINY, an Airbus A320neo.

Another well known one is Avianca’s “Diversity” livery, painted on N724AV, an Airbus A320-211.

That’s just a few examples. Which are you favorite?

27 Likes

Great photos!

2 Likes

Whoa 😲
Avianca’s is so intricate yet so simplistic at the same time 😍
And Lufthansa’s is simply a classic 😎 for this month!

5 Likes

Great way to showcase Pride Month @Mort!

Changed my pfp to the IF pride logo for the month! If anyone wants to in solidarity, PM me or you can search LGBT in the forum and find it.

7 Likes

i wish every airline would have at least one of their aircraft permanently in a pride livery

4 Likes

Really love what Alaska did with their livery!

7 Likes

The Avianca one has been painted for 2 years now, I have seen it many times in Colombia, I think they will leave it permanent.

5 Likes

I love it 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

2 Likes

I miss the Alaska A320s with the fence winglets. Looks much more sleek.

2 Likes

Personally, I really like the Qantas one. Simple yet great!

6 Likes

Pride month, is a great celebration. Be true, proud, and accepting who you are as a person. 😀👍🇬🇧

4 Likes

Great Post! I love Avianca livery the most. Proud to be a part of LGBT.

3 Likes

I don’t really have a Favorite Livery for pride month, due to me not really like “Embracing it”
Good topic though for those who do celebrate

2 Likes

If I had to choose a favorite it would be the AeroMexico Pride Livery. It’s very subtle but still sends a message

3 Likes

i really enjoy what dhl did to some of their aircraft

2 Likes

The Pride flag really fits with DHL’s overall design already.

2 Likes

it really does!

1 Like

I agree. I like their regular livery anyways, and it sticks to the core design. It would be cool if they put the Pride colors on the tail character.