Preston_D's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Hello! Welcome to my 1st ever ATC Tracking thread. I’m just getting started with IFATC, I was wondering if anyone would like to come fly around, do some pattern work and just hang out!

Time:
Airport ICAO:
Landing runways:
Departing runways:

NOTAMS: N/A

FEEL FREE TO COME HELP ME TRAIN!

3 Likes

Hey Mate,
you still on?

1 Like

Yep! Going to be on for a while. :)

1 Like

Ill pop on,
Display name: IFATC Ollie
Callsign: SPP

1 Like

Got it! Glad you can make it, got quality ATC services all to yourself. ;)

Overall great job for your first time opening! There were a few things I’ll point out below. I’ve also put Zulu timestamps next to everything so you can go back and look in your replay.

05:42:12 - I requested taxi when I was right next to runway 30 but you sent me to runway 25.

05:45:35 - You already cleared me to takeoff and make left traffic runway 30, no need to tell me to make left traffic again when clearing me to land.

05:49:30 - After I request a runway change, good job entering me into the pattern. However, when you cleared me to land, you forgot to tell me which pattern direction to use.

05:52:58 - You gave me the wrong transition altitude. The aerodrome was at 600 something feet. Add that to 1500 and you get 2,100. Add 1,000 feet for the transition and you get 3,100. Always round up, getting you 3,500 feet AGL instead of the 2,000 feet you instructed me.

05:53:53 - I was inbound for landing but you never gave me a pattern entry, just a clearance.
Remember: pattern entry > sequence (if applicable) > clearance.

05:59:28 - My exit command was very late. I see below that you’ve cleared up what full stop means, so no worries. FYI, you may still issue an exit instruction if you’re unsure of the aircraft’s intentions. They can actually takeoff after an exit instruction so it would be no harm done.

I’ll link some helpful resources down below. Make sure you watch Infinite Flight’s tutorials and read through the user guide. It’s very guileful. ;)

2 Likes

Thanks so much Luca for the amazing feed back and how much effort you put into it! It really helps me out, i’ll keep this in mind for future operations! Your always welcome at another one of my sessions. :)

1 Like

No problem, happy to do it! Tag me next time you open and I’ll try to stop by! :D

1 Like

Roger! Soft landings to you, have amazing day!

1 Like

Thanks, you too!

1 Like

feedback time
pushback - good
taxi - good
takeoff - good
1st clearance - too late, i made a go around. Clear an aircraft As soon as you can.
2nd clearance- good, nice and early. I was the only one in the pattern, so clearing early is good
runway change- good
3rd clearance- good
last clearance- clear to land, Full stop means not doing a touch and go, clear the aricraft to land instead of the option.
exit command- 1/2 points :), give the exit command when the aircraft has landed and is at 70kts or below

2 Likes

Ah thanks so much Oliver, that really helps me out. I’m so sorry I was way to confused about the “Full stop” because I thought it could have ment stop on the runway then continue or stopping the pattern. Thanks for to great feedback, I will make sure to improve for the future!

aha thats fine. see tip below
stop and go - clear for the option
touch and go / inbound for touch and goes - clear for the option (l/r traffic if needed)
full stop / inbound for landing - cleared to land

1 Like

I have a few questions about that. For the stop and go, is L/R traffic not needed?

And why if needed? As someone left as feed back before it was important that I said L/R traffic, specifically. Just wondering! :)

I’ve made an edit to my post above, forgot about one last bit of feedback

1 Like

Thank you! Anything helps honestly!

1 Like

Sorry im replying late, had to do household things.
L/F = left and right traffic you can clear for the option after the 2nd touch and go,
a stop and go is the aircraft landing, stopping on the runway, then taking off. When they takeoff they can make left/right traffic

1 Like

Hey, mate! Me and @That_Guy14 will be departing from KEWR at 18:15Z today On TS Today, mind controlling?

1 Like

Yeah sure! I’ll let you know if I can, I’m going to be on for a bit controlling. If you would like to come then your more then welcome too!

1 Like