Among the members of the meeting were:
Southwest Airlines chief executive officers
Delta Airlines Inc. chief executive officers
jetBlue Airways Corp. chief executive officers
United Continental Holdings Inc. chief executive officers
Alaska Airlines chief executive officers
FedEx Corp. chief executive officers
United Parcel Service Inc. chief executive officers
and some airport directors from Los Angeles, Chicago, Tampa, Washington D.C., Buffalo, Nashville, and officers from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

At the breakfast meeting, they talked about aging infrastructure, our current Air Traffic Control system, and how to work on delays. Here is a video from the meeting:

You can share your thoughts about the meeting here, but do not start talking about Donald Trump in general. Any posts like that will be flagged for the moderators to review.

14 Likes

Hmmm, did all the CEOs book tickets with their companies? Probably. And I hope something good comes out of this!

5 Likes

Next he will be meeting with all of the Virtual Airline executives:-)

15 Likes

Now Donald Trump bans Norwegian, Emirates, Etihad, …

5 Likes

Maybe he is asking them for a job 😁

2 Likes

Highly doubt it. Most airlines have a few corporate jets. On a side note, Boeing has a CRJ for their corporate jet believe it or not. image
Image taken by me Location: Huntsville International Airport (KHSV)

7 Likes

Big changes coming to Norwegian specially

1 Like

US is officially in war with the Vikings if that happen.

4 Likes

Interesting, the CEO of American is not there.

2 Likes

Lol I can imagine a “only US airlines in US airspace” speech coming along…

5 Likes

He already had a conference planned before he was invited.

1 Like

Not even funny. Safety never takes second string to Patriotism.

Also, Do you know just how low the chance of a 4 engine failure simultaneously is?

2 Likes

The only way would be fuel starvation.

1 Like

Thats not the only way but the most likely way. EXTREMELY LOW chance of all 4 failing. And a little more but still a VERY LITTLE chance that a 4 engine bird strike.

I was going to add that but thought it too obvious. 🙃

This is nice, I’m glad that our president is taking action to better help our aviation services. (And jetBlue is represented there!)

3 Likes

That’s what people said about a dual engine loss, then cactus 1549 happened. It’s only a matter of time, not wishing bad things, but there is a first time for everything.

1 Like

@Joshua_Fleming yes president trump would like to speak with you now

3 Likes

Now DT will reduce the number of options people have if they want to fly in to the USA.

Very low but i was just joking.