Preferred STAR at destination

I was testing out the new 777 today in intermediate server when the Approach ATC told me this:

I was just wondering what to do when the ATC tells you this, I didn’t do anything and the and the ATC seemed fine with that and probably understood that I didn’t understand.

Can anyone help me out with this please?

Thanks

1 Like

I’d say take your time and change the Arrival procedure in your flight plan to the preferred ones stated in ATIS/D-ATIS.

5 Likes

Hello, this does mean, that you should check the ATIS of the airport for the ATC preffered STARs to make sure you follow one of these (which you most likely didn’t).
For more on these new procedures please see the user guide below:

And also this great post here:
5 Likes

With the new update came STARS ( Standard terminal arrival route ). The controller is asking you to include one in your flight plan so he is aware of the arrival procedure your taking in. Preferably check the D-Atis to see which is most appripriate for the controller and add it into for FPL

2 Likes

Thanks for that, there was no ATIS to follow in intermediate server so I would and always in expert tune into the ATIS of the airport before doing anything or contacting anyone unless it was the control frequency. But thanks again for the help!

1 Like

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding! If this was training server, then the ATC command was just not applicable here. Didn’t understand that it wasn’t expert.

2 Likes

Now since someone brought this up, I had another question regarding the Preferred STAR. Would you lot recommend putting in the STAR into your flight plan at the start of your flight, taking into account that the D-ATIS could potentially change as you get to your destination? Or would it be better to implement the STAR in the FPL the closer you are to your destination?

1 Like

No worries and thanks again 😊

2 Likes

I would the D-ATIS like 45-60 minutes before landing on a longer flight (just as you would do IRL). Nonetheless checking the preferred arrival during the flight planning as well doesn’t hurt in my opinion either.

2 Likes

Understood! Cheers 👍🏽

1 Like

i already watched the video but one question.
if i make a plan on fpltoif will i need to only put in the arrival sid/star or do in need to do it also for departure?

1 Like

lts a hard one to explain. The FPL to IF FPL comes with the SID and STAR however you have to remove those parts manually and replace them for the in game SIDs and STARS so the departure, arrival, approach shows up on your FPL

1 Like

oh ok thanks!

@JulianB will most likely be able to expain it much better if it wasnt clear

1 Like

As far as I am aware (not using FPLtoIF that often), you need to add the SID directly to your flight plan in IF, then you can copy and paste in the waypoints from FPLtoIF (just without the SID and STAR bit), and then you enter the SID and final approach via IF.

If you use a Oceanic track you will have to enter this one at some point, and move it via the arrows to where it belongs, and don’t forget to clear the FPLtoIF waypoints for the track then.

1 Like

thanks. better explanation

2 Likes

LOL!!thanks!!

1 Like

Thank you @CaptainDixon!

And no problem @SPEEDBIRD101!

1 Like

Theres a lot of times on the ts when you have to question atc instruction. Remember your the pic and atc is there to help and assist you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.