Precision approach path indicator (PAPI)

Precision Approach Path Indicator

.papi-lights-on-the-right-perfect-glideslope

A precision approach path indicator ( PAPI ) is a visual aid that provides guidance information to help a pilot acquire and maintain the correct approach (in the vertical plane) to an airport or an aerodrome. It is generally located beside the runway approximately 300 meters beyond the landing threshold of the runway.

The PAPI is a light array positioned beside the runway. It normally consists of four equi-spaced light units color-coded to provide a visual indication of an aircraft’s position relative to the designated glideslope for the runway. An abbreviated system consisting of two light units can be used for some categories of aircraft operations. The international standard for PAPI is published by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in Aerodromes, Annex 14 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, Volume 1, Chapter 5. National regulations generally adopt the standards and recommended practices published by ICAO. An earlier glideslope indicator system, the visual approach slope indicator (VASI) is now obsolete and was deleted from Annex 14 in 1995. The VASI only provided guidance down to heights of 60 metres (200 ft) whereas PAPI provides guidance down to fla[poll type=number results=always min=0 max=2000 step=1 public=true]
[/poll]re initiation (typically 15 metres, or 50 ft).

The PAPI lights will make infinite flight more realistic. It will also help pilots during the landings.

We do have papi lights, they help me a lot when i land, they are there;)

1 Like

We do have PAPI lights in infinite flight but due to the lights not being amazing… they are kinda hard to see and view… but they are in the game and work great !

2 Likes

I really dont have problem catching those when i land, only problem i do have is to differencieate between red and white

Do we? I have only seen VASI lights

We have both

near enough the same thing aha

I have the same problem at noon in game

1 Like

After reading this you will use every flight, I quick reference it to all my other instruments on decent

@CapA We already have PAPI lights in-game, but don’t forget to vote for your own feature! :)

There is already this system in IF.

Will this make any difference? Very similar.

Closed per request