Precipitation and storms

Correct, they are classified as weather phenomena I believe. Storms and rain would be all we need/can have, and maybe lightning for higher quality settings? The devs would also really need to work hard to get this into IF, not to mention the space required.

2 Likes

Hurricanes and lightning make sense, tornadoes not so much.
I don’t think it will be hard on devices as there can be multiple settings;

1. A simple overlay showing rain/snow
  2. More in depth overlay showing rain/snow
  3. All out everything is fancy everything.

Ground accumulation from snow would also be a strain on graphics and how would you simulate snow plows?
However this would require a lot of work. Flight characteristics of every aircraft would have to be revamped including on ground movement, maneuverability, engine power, thrust reversing, how slick the runway surface is, etc.
Hurricanes would be really fun to fly through/near and it would really bring life to the hurricane hunter C130, I would have fun flying in and around hurricanes and I think it is a good idea, and I would love taking off on a snowy runway and being careful not to slip.
Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

xplane 10 does it so it is possible but would expect a feature like this in the long term not short term

1 Like

why not have animation it is already done on xplane 10 i know it would be tough to implement but would add to the realism

1 Like

Maybe just rain for now. It takes work.

2 Likes

Reminds me of something 🤔

This feature would bring great realism to the sim but it might be quite hard. Phones are not better than computers!
But… this was what was said when global was announced ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

I mean the fps. You can’t stream animations. Solo mode.

1 Like

Excellent idea!! Although it is fair to say that current devices probably wouldn’t be able to run the extra scenery details very well, it’s only a matter of time before they’ll catch up. For the future of IF I think this is an excellent idea. Lightning flashes on the horizon during dusk and night time flights, who can say no to that? Unless it’s your go/no go decision, then any good GA pilot can say no to that :-) Now I need to find a spare vote.

3 Likes

You guys really underestimate the power of modern mobile devices. The real problem is battery life!

1 Like

As cool as that may sound, how much I would love to see more weather features improve the environment in the game, it will lag the game a lot. However, adding some 3D terminals or even ATC towers (not a lot just for the main international airports) would be cool, but yet again it may cause lag.

1 Like

It would definitely bring a lot of realism to the sim. However, it would most likely make it run very slow and lag a lot of the time.

2 Likes

I saw a global picture of Laura I think going through fog

1 Like

Ok hold up. I know how much memory it would take, but it is possible and it has been done by other airplane simulators. Who cares how long it takes to develop this, if they do you obviously know this is a win win.

2 Likes

This is definitely needed to make IF more realistic and stand up to other flight sim competitionl Can you imagine flying though a lightning storm! I voted:-D

4 Likes

@PlaneCrazy Or landing in some turbulence on a wet runway!

2 Likes

Hasn’t the day night cycle been confirmed for IF Global?

1 Like

This is off topic because day/night cycle has nothing to do with Precipitation and storms. If you wish to talk about the day night cycle this is not the place.

2 Likes

if you are referring to simulators in a computer then yes I would agree on you with this. but as were talking about infinite flight which is an iPad/tablet/phone etc… simulator, then I would highly doubt that they would have things such as global flight, an enormous range of aircrafts, great terrain quality and support to run it!

1 Like

I am not talking about simulators I am talking about IOS and Android and whatever else IF is compatible on. There are IOS and Android games with this kind of weather take Xplane 10 for example. I will admit it is not nearly as good as IF but it has rain and weather. @Domenico

2 Likes

And people still dont understand all devices can’t handle these features.

2 Likes