Pre Longhaul Routine

Hi all,

Planning to do Qantas Flight 10 London Heathrow to Perth in the morning. Before I start flight planning, what is everyone’s pre longhaul routine? I normally wake up about 1 hour before the departure time. I normally then start getting the route and weather from simbrief. I then load into the sim and start setting the aircraft up for departure. Is there anything else I should do differently?

Cheers

2 Likes

I usually do long hauls at night, so I just get my fpl, taxi route, weight and balance, and take off. I stay at my device until cruise and go to bed.

6 Likes

usually when I do long hauls is the other way around: I find a route that matches my wake up time, then I prepare FPL (from simbrief), load it to the plane and take off.

2 Likes

My routine for a long haul isn’t actually at all dissimilar to any flight, I don’t think. Just the usual stuff, you know, getting an OFP from Simbrief, loading the routing information into IF, checking weather, fuelling, all the normal stuff.

2 Likes
  1. Wake up
  2. Get everything prepared
  3. Pray that IF won’t crash
1 Like

Everything thats listed above thats why I mainly do , if Its like an long haul lets say for example Los Angeles to Manila , sometimes I will do the route a few hours in advance , so first I can schedule wake up at an good time , step climb aswell since its an long route.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.