Practice landing at Kai Tak!

Hey Everyone!

This is a video of a practice landing for an upcoming event at Kai Tak Airport. I used a 777-300ER in the generic livery with slight winds. I’d never flown to this airport before and thought it would be best if I practiced a few approach runs before embarrassing myself in public. Here goes something.

Server: Solo
Aircraft: 777-300ER
Airport: Kai Tak Airport, Hong Kong (VHHX)

Landing at Kai Tak

12 Likes

Good job on this challenging approach!

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t expect the 777 to be as nimble as it was during this approach.

1 Like

Ah, I’ve just signed up too! Currently juuust starting to practice cause I picked this category:
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 23.02.04
So here’s to public embarassment lol hopefully I won’t crash and see you at the event for a great time, good luck to your practice approach!

1 Like

Oh Good luck to you too! Brave choice with the A380! Hopefully we make it hahaha. See you there!

1 Like

Nice video, boy do I love Kai Tak (and Hong Kong) 🖤

1 Like

Haha, actually VHHX are not supposed to have A380 landed as its wingspan are too large which might collide w the airport lamps lol

3 Likes

Thanks! I like the new Hong Kong airport as well!

Kai Tak was such a cramped airport! I’m not surprised by this.

1 Like

Indeed, it’s a cramped one but it was the most busiest cargo and passenger airport in the world before the new Hong Kong airport - Chek Lap Kok starts its operation.VHHX is such an epic and I’m very proud this famous airfield is beside my school ;)

That’s amazing! It must’ve been some treat watching those planes coming in for landings

1 Like

Yeah, I wish I could born 10 years ago so that I can spot the planes entering the final of Runway 13 while I’m attending lesson haha. I’m just studying secondary 5 currently and Kai Tak has already became a cruise terminal already :(

1 Like

I would love to visit the Checkerboard Hill one day! Wonder what condition that is in today.

1 Like

Holy nail biter Batman. Why use that approach?

1 Like

Hahahah! I used a really old approach chart, tried to at least, ditched it after a point to just visually handle bring her in. I’m still trying to work on the proper approach! Any tips will help