Post tropical storm ISAIAS tracking thread

As you probably all know hurricane isaias is moving through the carribean right now. And we also know the infinite flight has real life weather, sooooo. We will track this so that we know the weather ahead of time before we decide to fly and for all those challenge seekers to test they’re skills in the hurricane.
Currently the hurricane is in the Dominican Republic expected to move forward to Florida and the Bahamas
Link to hurricane tracker on weather.com
https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/video/hurricane-isaias-latest-advisory-florida-east-coast-in-the-path?adRef=nav_trpcl

13 Likes

This will be fun! Thank you so much

2 Likes

I moved this to #real-world-aviation as it has real world impacts as well as IF impacts. We do not need it on #general as we are not a weather provider. So continue on with the discussion on how the storm impacts air travel.

Be safe everyone.

20 Likes

Okay, thanks, I WILL fly in it this afternoon though.

Haven’t flew in a hurricane in IF. Hopefully this will be exciting!

2 Likes

Oh I flew in the one last year, it was hard.

1 Like

How to you pronounce it?

Is it Is-a-ias?

Or I-sa-ias?

4 Likes

Oh boy, time to have some fun in the hurricane. I’m going to love this :^)

1 Like

Gets worse by the second! Trying to land in 74 kts wind and in a 757 is really hard to do.

1 Like

To everyone in the path of this storm, stay safe!

I have a feeling travel in the Caribbean and Florida will be affected…

1 Like

I made the stupid decision of flying the cub. Landed safely tho.

1 Like

What a time to live in Orlando, at least it’s not a beach house or something more… risky. I mean why would Disney be here if this was a spot for hurricanes?

Anyways, I’ll track FR24 and try some landings in West Palm Beach later today (IF, of course)

3 Likes

Most recent information from weather.gov, for those interested in flying into Isaias.

2 Likes

Haha I live in a hurricane watch area and I’m not even worried.

2 Likes

Oh, I hope you are okay.

2 Likes

I have experienced what a hurricane is like, so I can imagine what it felt like.

1 Like

I have experience 3 earthquakes, a 3.1 which didn’t really feel like anything, a 3.6 which was a small shake, and a 5.5 which was large and the doors were swinging, I also have been in a hurricane.

1 Like

The hurricane I experienced was in the Philippines, which was Typhoon Lawin in 2016, and was said to be the 3rd most intense tropical cyclone in 2016

1 Like

Wow, I was in hurricane sandy.

1 Like

Yeah, so was I. Scary. 😬

1 Like