Post-Nigerian Independence Day Flight to South Africa - DNMM-FAOR

Yesterday was FNF in Johannesburg South Africa. At Lagos, I decided to fly to South Africa since it was featured yesterday for the FNF event after the Nigerian Independence Day. So here I go with the South African Airways Flight 6061 to Johannesburg with the Airbus A330-300 to leave so early in the morning and arrive in the morning time. Basically, it is a morning flight.

Flight Info: South African Airways Flight 6061 - πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ Lagos to Johannesburg πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦
Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
Server: Expert Server
Flight Time: 5hrs 11mins

Good morning Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ . I am very excited to board this aircraft down to Johannesburg South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ so early this morning at Gate E54 at Murtala Muhammed International Airport

Pushed back and started up as the flight attendants demonstrated the safety features for this aircraft. Now ready to taxi to RWY 18R for takeoff from Naija

V1, Rotate and off we go heading to Johannesburg. An early morning takeoff from Murtala Muhammad International Airport RWY 18R

Climbing out of Lagos with an awesome view of the beach of Victoria Island as we bank left for the Southern Departure

Sunrise Cruise at FL350 with a delicious breakfast served throughout this morning flight. After that, I go back to sleep and listen to some music while other passengers watch a movie on the inflight entertainment also games for the children

A nice view of Angola land with passengers sleeping and using the restroom in the lavatories before the start of descent

Flight Attendants, prepare for landing as the day brightens. Electronic devices must be put away in your personal item plus tray tables should be in their upright position as we turn onto left downwind of RWY 3R of O.R. Tambo International Airport.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Johannesburg South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ as the passengers and I claw for applause touchdown. Sorry about that nasty landing though, at least we landed safely with the thrust reverses and spoilers deployed

A spotting of the TAAG Angola Boeing 777-200ER, SAA Airbus A340-600, SAA Airbus A330-300, British Airways Comair Boeing 737-800, and a rarely Nordwind Airlines Boeing 777-200ER at the terminal as we taxi to our terminal from Lagos

And, we finally arrived to O.R. Tambo International Airport. Thanks for flying SAA. Let’s go explore South Africa and have some lunch before we leave back to Miami the next day at night

That’s my flight report. Thank you for exploring my flight as South Africa was featured for FNF event yesterday

12 Likes

love the way the South African Airways livery looks in the A333!

2 Likes

Beautiful Photos!

1 Like

Beautiful photos

Very nicely reported. I loved it.
On a sidenote, what speed and flaps do you land the A330 with please? I’m struggling to land that plane

Well, with the A330, I land with full flaps and speed 150 KTS @LordTare. To avoid stalling the aircraft, I recommend setting the Speed at 155 KIAS and then disengage autopilot to ensure the aircraft does not veer off the centerline when it touches down which in that case, you control the rudder to keep it in the centerline after touchdown @LordTare

I really appreciate it. Thanks. Will try it now

Do that landing on solo to practice that way, you can land that A330 successfully in live @LordTare

1 Like