I was thinking about possible subjects from the IF Simmers perspective with regard to “simulated realism”, that could be interesting enough, to be covered here in this forum.
So here is a brief list and a short summary of what can be expected over the next weeks.
…conduct the initial approach from cruise altitude to 10.000ft and to ILS Glideslope altitude:
- do’s and dont’s
- descent thumb rule ( @280-250kts, 2000ft/min) to calculate how many miles out u have to initiate the descent
- correlation of weight and speed reduction (the heavier, the longer it takes)
- how to avoid the 250kts below 10.000ft penalty
…intercept an ILS correctly (for pilots but also for ATC)
- intercept course
- intercept altitude
- intercept speed
…calculate reference speeds without performance charts
- Take Off : V1, VR, V2 ( in this SIM only the VR gate is of relevance, but I will explain the function of the other speeds)
- Landing: V Ref
power setting for take off and Flaps setting
- thrust lever and N1 indication
- reduced take off power (Flex Thrust)
- Initial Flap setting, acceleration altitude and Flap retraction schedule
crosswind take off and landings
- how to use the rudder
- approach technique “crabing”
Please feel free to comment. What is missing, what does not make any sense?