Positive News: German Air Force (Flugbereitschaft) A350 is painted! (And some other information on this special A350)

Looks the same for me to be honest, could receive a better paint job, but for now it looks fine to represent a German Government or Air Force.

Very true, but as much as I like the A340-300, the operational reliability for the German Air Force has just ridiculously low unfortunately.

I think it definitely will be based in Cologne, probably/most likely even after BER is opened.

The livery is about the same as on the A340/A319/A321. Bit it’s just fits Germany very well in my opinion.

3 Likes

Totally agree ! It‘s a bit embarrassing that they
don‘t work reliable …
Like this message:

(Sorry that it‘s German)

1 Like

One of my fav livery! And I’m not german

2 Likes

It definitely is and I do remember that story, where the aircraft failed twice in a short period of time and lead to meetings having to be cancelled for both the chancellor and the foreign minister, which is just ridiculous to think of.

1 Like

Already looking forward to these birds coming to Lufthansa Technik in Munich 🤗

3 Likes

We‘ll wait for your stunning pictures!

1 Like

Here’s some footage of the first flight:

3 Likes

First flight in the new livery, and it looks really great! Thanks for providing the content here on the thread!

1 Like

ThEcOkpItwIndOwiStOowIdE

Jk lol.

It’s cool to see an air force using an A350!

2 Likes

I was hoping for a more… good looking livery. but oh well looks good

1 Like

It would be pretty nice if someone create a feature request for this :))

1 Like

True, never thought about it. Do you want to make one or shall I?

I like it as it is really classy, but that’s taste, isn’t it.

2 Likes

Ah you can create one :)

1 Like

Wilco ;) (and will tag you then…)

2 Likes

Ok I am looking forward to it :)

2 Likes

If you would like to see this really cool livery in IF, please vote in the topic below:

1 Like

Looks amazing! Do you know if they’ll be retiring the A340s, sending them to another airline, or keeping them?

1 Like

I made some research and it seem like they will be kept in the fleet till 2022, when all three A350s will have been delivered. Thereafter they will be retired from service, a well earned retirement as they are former Lufthansa aircraft with a long service.

I am pretty sure such a specially modified and equipped aircraft isn’t something you would want to sell (for security reasons and so on), nor something a normal airline would buy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.