Positive News: German Air Force (Flugbereitschaft) A350 is painted! (And some other information on this special A350)

Hello and welcome to a #real-world-aviation about a slightly more positive topic than most IRL topics right now. Pictures of the first A350 for the German Flugbereitschaft emerged from Airbus’ factory in Hamburg Finkenwerder and the aircraft with the registration MSN 416 is just a stunner in my opinion:

The first flight was at the End of February and delivery is expected during Summer!

I really like the looks of this aircraft and hope that this will be a step to more operational stability for the German Air Force (I remember a post from @Moritz on the surprise of seeing a flying aircraft of the GAF in MUC ;) ).

I would be really interesting to hear about your thoughts!
Also if you’d like to see this livery in IF, please vote in the topic below, thank you!

31 Likes

It’s a little bland for me, but it’s really simple and doesn’t look terrible. It’ll be really cool to see what the German Flakshfhdjdiskfjnsjaksjfjdjfbdjchjddijtbfbhsjskfnbfbfjskakuwurgctjsjdnksbabwrv will use it for!

5 Likes

@German_Pilot you may like this :)

2 Likes

Oh very cool ! They really need a new one :) but the A340-30 legend will never die !

2 Likes

;) It’s part of the „Weiße Flotte“, the „White Fleet“ and will therefore be used to transport Government officials (especially the most important such as the Chancellor and Foreign minister) and whoever comes with them (e.g. entrepreneurs, media, …).

2 Likes

:o Very very nice! Can’t wait to see it irl. I hope it will be based in Cologne like the 340s until BER is operational.

1 Like

Looks the same for me to be honest, could receive a better paint job, but for now it looks fine to represent a German Government or Air Force.

Very true, but as much as I like the A340-300, the operational reliability for the German Air Force has just ridiculously low unfortunately.

I think it definitely will be based in Cologne, probably/most likely even after BER is opened.

The livery is about the same as on the A340/A319/A321. Bit it’s just fits Germany very well in my opinion.

3 Likes

Totally agree ! It‘s a bit embarrassing that they
don‘t work reliable …
Like this message:

(Sorry that it‘s German)

1 Like

One of my fav livery! And I’m not german

2 Likes

It definitely is and I do remember that story, where the aircraft failed twice in a short period of time and lead to meetings having to be cancelled for both the chancellor and the foreign minister, which is just ridiculous to think of.

1 Like

Already looking forward to these birds coming to Lufthansa Technik in Munich 🤗

3 Likes

We‘ll wait for your stunning pictures!

1 Like

Here’s some footage of the first flight:

3 Likes

First flight in the new livery, and it looks really great! Thanks for providing the content here on the thread!

1 Like

ThEcOkpItwIndOwiStOowIdE

Jk lol.

It’s cool to see an air force using an A350!

2 Likes

I was hoping for a more… good looking livery. but oh well looks good

1 Like

It would be pretty nice if someone create a feature request for this :))

1 Like

True, never thought about it. Do you want to make one or shall I?

I like it as it is really classy, but that’s taste, isn’t it.

2 Likes

Ah you can create one :)

1 Like